Considerations before Purchasing a Domain Name

roxxy

To have your own website you must have a unique domain name. Thousand of domain name is being reserved everyday. So you may not get your desired domain name free that usually occurs. In case of such situation you have to choose the alternate domain name nearly relevant to you fist choice. you may use "-" between two words. Or there are many extension such as .net,.info etc available you may choose the best one that suits you best. There are many site online that provide that provide free domain name if you purchase hosting from them and offers many special offer. You may also visit their services and then take final decision.

I like checking availability of domain names and then seeing what is alternatively referred to you. This is kinda fun to see what they come up with when your domain name request is not available.

I saw yahaa . com was not being used but is for sale for over 20000.00 dollars. Im not sure why this name is considered so valuable unless they are depending on misspellings of yahoo? I thought that was against the law to do. But maybe that's just an inside rule on some hosters.

Anyhow,..
I signed up with a free host and ofcourse they are going to add their name into what name I choose. So I picked one based on how it would look with their dot com added to it as well as suiting my needs for a name relative to my site.

After I got my name picked out, they added an additional dot com to the site name. So I had a site named www.mysite.theirsite.theirsite.com.

I was not happy and cancelled. I'm not crying because it was free, but I found this to be a little on the deceiving side :eek: