Control Panels

Link

What are some of the best control panels out there? I Have only used 2 different panels and one I really hate and the other I really like. I have used the Windows based Plesk and really hate the way it works. I am currently using cPanel on several sites and I love it. It has everything I need in it and has a universal look to it.

There is also Ensim and DirectAdmin. Cpanel however I probably the most popular and best one.

There are also a very smaller, not so popular ones, such as ServerCP.

I think the top two webhosting 'Control Panels' are cPanel, and Plesk, I think plesk's lastest version is 7.8, not postitive..

No, I am not trying to host one, I was just wondering if there were any better ones out there than the cPanel that I have been using. Unless there is another control panel out there that several people say is better, I am pretty sure that I will just use cPanel for the rest of my hosting life.

Well, I love cPanel, because after using cPanel for so long, when you do use Plesk, it is very weird, but I would say like 80% of webhosts use cpanel and the other 20% use Plesk.. or something free like zPanel..

Cpanel - most features, well supported and an army of users. Also its the most 'solid' I have used. If you can afford it I'd recommend it everytime and if you are thinking about hosting clients it's even better!

I love CPanel honestly. I would not ever choose any other control panel. It does more than what I really need it to do for me. I have not ever had any complaints about using CPanel either, it is definitely one of the best out there.

whm,cpanel and fantastico.I think this is the best combination and no other control panel comes with so many features.

I used to use Plesk, but I am now using Cpanel. Since I have switched to Cpanel I realised how un natural using Plesk felt. At least I am at ease with Cpanel, instead of battling to find my way around.

My fist control panel was witht he colbalt raq. then I went with Cpanel servers and such and would never change.

I personally like cPanel better than all of the rest. I've used Plesk before and I have to say, that it wasn't good enough to use on a big host in my opinion. cPanel has a lot of features on it as well.

managing servers

Dosen't anyone manage servers the old fashioned way?

I am worried that if we did not have cpannel we would not have web hosting. I know there are still people that can manage the servers without programing and write programs.

does anyone do that? or is everyone using a gui?

I am surprised when I tell people that I have a system with a site builder they always react the same way. You can't sell that type of hosting. You need to offer more, ftp and php and sql.

But the same people talking about selling hosting are using a gui to manage the hosting. It seems like if it works for selling hosting it should work for selling individual sites.

Just curious in anyone still uses command line functions?

It's harder to manage and people want the easier way out. I would not offer my customers anything other than cPanel because I know it is a standard in web hosting and if I don't, I'll get a drastic decline in customers.

Just curious in anyone still uses command line functions?
Most hosting customers probably don't, but the host's themselves still must use them for the low level server management. I have a hunch they'll always be there for the "everything went wrong" scenarios. :)

I would think command line management is nearly gone for any heavy use hosts.

I've used Cpanel for years--great product and their tech support is really top notch. I also use VHCS, which is a great product for a free one, but it requires some Linux skill installing and has fewer of the tools.

We sell our shared accounts with cpanel because the public seems to like it. All of my personal hosting I use DirectAdmin for security and it being stable.

Hello,

There are many control panels available for servers:

Linux: Cpanel, Plesk, Helm, Hsphere, Ensim, Direct Admin.
Windows: Plesk, Ensim, Hsphere.

Thank you.

Regards,