cPanel certification?

Westpoint

I read about cPanel university and certification in another forum. While it's interesting, do you think we really need it (other than to brag about how much you know about cPanel & WHM)?

That depends on if you're a hosting provider, client using cPanel, or a sales/support representative. The quest for knowledge should be so much more than "other to brag about how much you know." Do I think YOU really need it? That's up to you. Most providers will hire you based on knowledge, not certificates, but passing their certification does speak volumes.

Not really - But I did it to see what I got and it seems I am rather experience ha!

I don't think it is to brag, but you get a good feeling knowing you are qualified for the job.

Ahh the age old debate about certification vs experience :)
Seriously though, whenever I look at learning or improving my knowledge on a particular technology, I usually do it because I am either interested by the topic or I need to know it for business reasons. The certification at the end of it is purly a bonus. However if there is one then it is probably worth doing as it certainly won't hurt!

the cert is just a price of plastic paper, all you need is skill.
You're right - you do need skill, but that cert is more than a piece of plastic paper just as college degrees are more than just the title. They certify that you've at least taken the time to learn something, verified by educational standards.

You're right - you do need skill, but that cert is more than a piece of plastic paper just as college degrees are more than just the title. They certify that you've at least taken the time to learn something, verified by educational standards.

I have to agree with you. The certification is the easiest way of letting people know about your expertise. But in the end, it's your skill which really matters.

Is the certification test done under some sort of supervision?
If not and it is strictly an online test I can't see how it would have any value at all to an employer. Certainly wouldn't for me.

I think it's OK for people who want to take these test to test and expand their own knowledge but I don't see much else.

Is the certification test done under some sort of supervision?
If not and it is strictly an online test I can't see how it would have any value at all to an employer. Certainly wouldn't for me.

I think it's OK for people who want to take these test to test and expand their own knowledge but I don't see much else.

its an online test of 50 questions to be answered in 60 seconds