CPanel, Plesk or other control panels?

Pete_Coreix

We are looking at offering a range of special offers and would like the members input on if we should design these around cPanel, Plesk or another control panel. What do you use and why do you like it? If you avoid any control panels which ones and why?

Any help greatly appreciated.

cPanel or DirectAdmin any day; if you're not a DA partner yet, then I suggest you chat with them as they'll sign you up fairly painlessly.

Another one you may want to look at is Interworx. We've made partner enquiries with them before, and have found their team to be reasonable to deal with and their rates fairly competitive.

I prefer cpanel for linux. cPanel is so easy to use and I've used it for 9 years now and I have no complaints about it.

I've always been a big fan of Cpanel. It's very intuative and "user friendly", whereas Plesk seems to take alot of manual reading and trial and error to learn. That being said, Plesk does seem to be getting better with making their documentation easier to understand than what it was in years past.

It depends how will you provide the service. It might be through a web based interface, which means that users would not even deal with hosting automation panels.

To OP

We offer cPanel for Linux and Plesk for Windows. If client demands alternative for both of these, then usually we recommend websitepanel 1.0 (New DotnetPanel) for Windows, or Webmin, which is compatible with both Linux and Windows platform. So I think, you should offer your clients these options too, as an alternative to cPanel and Plesk.....

cPanel for Linux and Plesk for Windows are two great panels.

One should always select them if starting hosting for a serious and long term income.

Re:

There are certain web hosting control panels, which work for both Linux and Window based websites. The Ensim, H-Sphere and Plesk are the most common examples of such control panels. The H-Sphere offers several features that range from key functionalities to complete automation. However, it is the Plesk which is the most popular control panel for Linux and Windows platforms.

Since it seems that you're opening a business, it would be very smart to ask your potential clientele. They probably have opinions on what control panel they'd like to use, and it's likely whatever is most popular.

It's a really big mistake to leave your clients out of the picture, or not to ask them because they're the ones who are going to be using the control panel.

Since it seems that you're opening a business, it would be very smart to ask your potential clientele. They probably have opinions on what control panel they'd like to use, and it's likely whatever is most popular.

It's a really big mistake to leave your clients out of the picture, or not to ask them because they're the ones who are going to be using the control panel.

Agreed, it is the costumers you have to satisfy.
We have chosen to use plesk and our costumers are very satisfied with this solution. I will recommend this any day.

We are looking at offering a range of special offers and would like the members input on if we should design these around cPanel, Plesk or another control panel. What do you use and why do you like it? If you avoid any control panels which ones and why?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I think the answer lies within your customer base - look at the stats of which CP is most popular among your clients as those are the ones who bring it the most cash.