Cpanel reseller hosting on a VPS

brybert

Hi!
You know..I'm sick and tired of telling people not to do this. They do it anyway. Fine. Do what you want.

What just happened is inexcusable.

A brand-spanking new host had a really good deal on the first month.

Fine. I've already ended up with two joke vps reseller accounts this morning..so..I figured..this time I'll ask and make sure.

Solve the problem? Nope.

Me: Is this hosted on a vps or a real server?

Them: A real server

of course..nope. VPS optimized yet again. Now..get this..here's the logic behind the lie.

Me: Sigh. so. it's ok to lie to customers.
Him: What do you mean?
Me: I asked you point blank if this was hosted on a dedicated server or a vps.
Me: It is NOT on a dedicated server.
Him: We have our main shared/reseller account on a vps on our dedicated server.
Me: I've to tell you..that's one heck of a way to start a relationship.
Him: So yes, it is hosted on a TRUE Dedicated Server.
Me: But it is on a vps.
Me: No..no it's not. Goodbye.
Him: On OUR dedicated server.

Listen, folks. Someday...SOMEDAY...people are going to take a look at how really slow web servers vps's are...and this madness will end.

until then..unbelievable.

Bryon

Hi Bryon,

That's not good of the host to say that it's a dedicated then it's a VPS and then explain it away as being that the VPS is on a Dedicated. Well OF COURSE the VPS is on a dedicated machine - there's no other way to operate it ;)

I'd offer reseller hosting to you however we don't have any reseller plans, we only have shared hosting (which are on real dedicated servers) or we resell VPS's which people would then use as a RESELLER account of their own.

Unbelievable that you're getting the runaround from these other guys. You may want to evaluate funds and go VPS for yourself or get a low end dedicated server for yourself.

Datahosts.com (a sponsor here on the forum) offer Reseller accounts, but I didn't find anything saying if it was on a regular machine or a VPS.

Hi!
Ahhh..yup. It's sad..too. I have tested the two types side by side..and the results ain't pretty.

Page load times are anywhere from 3 to 10 times that of a normal dedicated server.

The exception to the rule is vmware..but then..it has always been darn near dedicated resources anyways...especially since you do not share the NIC card or bandwidth with anybody in this config I have.

Aye! Being forced to be a host..I guess. :)

Bryon

I am really sorry to know about this part of experience. I somehow believe these hosting providers not tend to last for a long period of time and this is why they cheat on their customers.

Hi!
Ahhh..yup. It's sad..too. I have tested the two types side by side..and the results ain't pretty.

Page load times are anywhere from 3 to 10 times that of a normal dedicated server.

The exception to the rule is vmware..but then..it has always been darn near dedicated resources anyways...especially since you do not share the NIC card or bandwidth with anybody in this config I have.

Aye! Being forced to be a host..I guess. :)

Bryon

Then you need to find a good host my friend. Check Servint. You won't be able to tell the difference. It comes to down to hardware and the software on the server.

Gotta luv it! Seems like everyday, I'm presented with something I don't know the answer to, but I know better than to try and fake an answer. There's plenty of people around here who are immensely smarter than I am, so getting an answer is pretty quick. Your prospective provider learned a hard lesson from you.

Gotta luv it! Seems like everyday, I'm presented with something I don't know the answer to, but I know better than to try and fake an answer. There's plenty of people around here who are immensely smarter than I am, so getting an answer is pretty quick. Your prospective provider learned a hard lesson from you.

Honesty is always the best policy :D

wat is the hosting company's name?
wish to go and play with their customer support staff and see wat drama they are going to show
lol

That's pretty bad...To be honest we've looked at offering VPS-Based shared hosting (We're a VPS provide so have the skills to run a VPS correctly) and its just not worth it when you've got dedicated servers. The comparison is noticeable.

The only good part is that you can contain say 20 customers per VPS, so that it reduces the effect if anything happened (e.g hacking).

It is kinda stupid to not tell the truth that the shared accounts are on a virtual environment. Of course a virtual environment can be much more powerful than a cheap entry level physical machine.

BTW: Running a cluster of physical machines to power either Shared or VPS hosting makes impossible for any good web host to offer Shared or Reseller hosting out of a class physical dedicated server.

But we are currently moving from others oversold dedi server to our own dedi server, and hsot under VPS. The load time is much more faster.