Cpanel uses

siteseer

I am not sure i am getting the most from cpanel. I always use the file manager and the stats viewers, but little else except email. What tips can anyone suggest to return more value from this tool?

Hmm, the first thing that comes to mind, is that if you don't miss it, you don't need it. I don't know why you are looking for better use? Is it the price you paid for it?

CPanel is a great tool for a sysadmin and saves a lot of typing commands. On the other hand, it limits the freedom you have to do your own thing with the server. CPanel is mostly usefull, because you can delegate a lot of stuff to your customer or reseller.

By the way, I think the FileManager sucks for years already.

The only file manager I have been impressed with is the one in plesk, and even that isn't so great. They all suck for some reason :(

Are you looking at Cpanel from and end user point of view, or a server owner point of view?

xion said:
The only file manager I have been impressed with is the one in plesk, and even that isn't so great. They all suck for some reason :(

Are you looking at Cpanel from and end user point of view, or a server owner point of view?

Not much difference I think. Chmodding, deleting etc is what sysadmin and user both use, and doesn't work (sometimes it does, sometimes it don't).

But I guess the sysadmin has the CLI to use (and will use most of the time), and most users don't.