Cpanel Vs Direct Admin Vs Plesk

engineerroy2008

Hi friends,

Can you compare this and vote for the best software ( linux based) for controlling the server based on reliability, memory usage, resource usage for operation, cost, support etc

cPanel - users love it. Updated often. Expensive for ONE server, but inexpensive when you have many.

DA - low memory footprint. Users seem to like it. Realitively inexpensive for single servers and multiple.

Plesk - Haven't used it in many years. Users didn't like it back then, but I hear much has changed.

Personl choice - cPanel. Used it since 2000, love it still.

Any of the major panels can get the job done... it comes down to personal preference for the most part. The one place I've seen it make a difference is migrating accounts from one server to another. Staying on the same panel you're already on can make things much less painful.

The big difference is cost... Cpanel is basically upwards of $400/yr. DA Lifetime is $299. Last time I looked at plesk it was up there too.

DA gets the job done, and I bought the software not rent it.

DA Internal licenses are much cheaper than you think its less than $100 for life time license and it do the work properly, my personal preference is always DA, lets see how many like DA

To compete in the market, use cPanel. If you're already a established provider, you make look to start providing DirectAdmin. The demand for DirectAdmin, although growing, simply isn't there yet. DirectAdmin doesn't take over your server like cPanel, and the server will preform better with DirectAdmin installed rather then cPanel. Unfortunately like I said, you will be taking a huge loss by starting out in offering DirectAdmin. I'd recommend offering it after you are well established :)

I am glad to see many supporters for my favourite control panel DA, yes its a good and decent control panel, nice support persons ( but will answer two to three replies in a day only) and overall satisfaction

cPanel is updated frequently and easy to use, has lots of features.. Users number one preference. If you want to compete with the others, you gotta have cpanel..

Cpanel is mostly prefered because its familiar with many, thats it, if DA goes very aggressive in marketing and make the panel some what good looking surely people ll start using it

Every one knows that cPanel is the best for Linux.
Evey one knows that Plesk is good for Windows....

My fav, Linux witch means my fav cpanel.. cPanel

I've heard some good things about Direct Admin but have little experience with it. I had Plesk on a linux based VPS server and was having issues with the PostGreSQL and Plesk among a few other things that I had the VPS setup again using CPANEL. In the end I wish I just had a simple Panel without all the bells and whistles of CPANEL... just enough to offer end users the most common used and needed features. No 1-Click Installs and all that. FTP/E-Mail(forwarders/auto-reply)/Databases/Statistics

What more do you need?

All three are mainstream and very popular. cPanel is the industry standard, but DirectAdmin is making strong inroads.