Cpanel vs. FrontPage Extensions.??

Dev4vip

Does anyone know why FrontPage Extensions are not functioning on most cPanel accounts..??

Has anyone experienced the same problem..?

Well, the short answer is that it's cPanel.

The longer answer is that Frontpage Support is dropping out of demand since the product itself is EOL'ed.

Ya but the funny thing is that FrontPage extensions works well on some accounts while its not on most new accounts (On the same sever)

I dnt think the demand is running short, but i think FrontPage Technology is totally outdated, but still lot of clients asking for FPE

I actually like the shorter answer that FP sucks, which is why it's EOL'ed, and the clients that are asking for FP extensions, need to be politely informed that they will no longer be able to use them after a certain length of time....with any host, and that they should either learn to code HTML, or find a better alternative to FP.

The fact is, clients who still ask for this, are severely behind in technology, and they can't expect outdated technology to continue to be supported by the masses.

Ironically enough, the simplest application ever written is notepad, which came out with Windows 3.1, and is still supported by 100% of hosts, with no EOL in sight. ;)

I see nothing wrong with Front Page.
It is an easy solution for people to build their web sites without having to learn programming.
It is a little bit of hypocrisy to scorn those who use FP while at the same time using other software that simplifies a job rather than hand coding.

As a web host I find it rather arrogant to suggest that clients don't know what they are doing because they use FP.
It certainly isn't rocket science to keep FP extensions installed on a server and as long as there is a demand I see no reason not to.

I keep seeing all of these professionals saying that FP "sux" but never any tangible reasons. The code is bad? Who cares. The people who use the program don't know code and could care less.
Fact of the matter is that it is user friendly and the majority of people who want to build their own web sites want just that.

The main problem I see is that they're no longer being maintained by the developer. Security is not something to play with. Basing a new site on technology that is already dead, is not exactly the best way forward.

Front Page is being phased out but this argument has been going on for years mostly because the the MS prejudice.
ExpressionWeb is simple an extension of the Front Page brand that won't be using the extensions. I don't recall coming across an issues with FP that would jeopardize a server.

That being said, at some point FP extensions will ultimately be phased out.

Does anyone know why FrontPage Extensions are not functioning on most cPanel accounts..??

Has anyone experienced the same problem..?

We have not experienced this problem on any customers.

However, it should be noted that MICROSOFT has ended its support for frontpage, so users should really move onto another package for safety.

Have you tried updating Cpanel to the latest version and then reinstalling FP?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting