Creating FAQ or knowledge base

chatterbox

I heard this suggested in a different forum for dealing with customers for a different business but it seemed like a good idea for any business that has customer support issues. The person was saying that they put every question along with the answer into a FAQ so that as time goes one, almost all customer questions end up being answered by pointing people to that page. I thought I'd bring it up here in case anyone hadn't already thought of doing that.

Every day, we add 2-5 new questions to our Knowledgebase Articles on our site. The nice thing is that our billing/support ticket system also searches the KB articles prior to allowing the user to submit the question (it scans as you type). So many users are getting responses without ever having to submit a ticket.

Anyone in business should have a Common Questions or Knowledgebase section. Not only does it help the customer, but it also gains you search engine exposure. You'd be surprised how many go looking for "generate a private KEY" and there we are in the top 5 on google :)

Q&A is a good idea. Specially if it will keep you from being bombarded with emails or phone calls with simple questions. This way you put all that's needed to know and all you might possibly need to as you go along. It's definitely a good idea.