Data Centers are more secure than running a server at home

webling

I ran my first server on a dedicated line I ran into my home about 17 years ago. It was a bit costly but I was able to set up multiple machines and I loved the functionality I had and power of the bandwidth right into my home. But there are also challenges involved. Since I moved my servers to a secure data center many years ago I have more peace of mind and don't have to do near as much.

Although I no longer have the physical server right in front of me, opening a command portal is just as good. I can even shut the server down remotely. Boot it any time I want, or reboot it as needed. Technology has advanced enough that it's actually cheaper than running my servers at home and there are people there 24/7 which gives me more peace of mind.

Of course, the colocation is always the best option for small/startup OR medium-size companies.

Being IT consultant, we recommend In-House Data Centre for big companies who are having more than 300 servers.

recommend always to run your server or VM at a data center outages can kill your business or web site going the cheapest way is not always the best way home internet connections have outages and lost of power is common for homes

The sound alone makes the datacenter worth it. By the time you factor in power costs (both for the server and cooling) colocating is a no brainer.

This is new emerging technique now a days. Collocation is hiring a specific space, power, network and bandwidth from your Datacenter to offer your own server hosting services.

Hello,

Colocation is what most of them prefers, it helps you to avoid all your manual work which you do every time as Tech from DC are there to help you with 24x7/365 days.

Thanks

Colocation is the way to go, our company is registered in Singapore but we offer services on our servers co-located in USA

Colocation gives you more freedom, long uptime and what you need to avoid the bad situations, of course, if you pick the good one.

I agree with the peace of my mind.
Managing your own server needs a lot of criteria like favourable climate, constant power backup, etc,.
These conditions are a bit hard to maintain all the time. Shifting to a datacenter is a great idea.

I think the most important reason to place servers in a professional data center instead of your home is because of the internet connection. In the case of power outages, your server will always have power + internet and the connection is more reliable than at home.

Running inhouse or in DC is all the same thing, in terms of security.

On the second thought, what if someone can enter DC and key in USB on your server, and reboot?

True that we would never run a webserver from our premises, but we do run the backup servers on-premise.
They don't need the speed and we can run them on our office Synology NAS drives with RAID 6 and huge 16TB sata drives.

Yes, because the data center security measures will be more advanced and also the server activities will be monitored and There are no power Pitfalls at he data centers as well. This keeps you servers secured