Dealing with Customers, at what point is it just not worth it?

Chris_13

I've been dealing with an increasing number of customers lately who are completely ignorant in how do to online transactions. I've had to walk them by the hand from filling out the order forms, to setting up a PayPal account and more. I'm about ready to say the heck with it and toss in the towel. Any more I'm thinking about giving discounts to those that know what there are doing.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Chris

these are people who are new to the whole experience, people trying to get on the web and are having a hard time succeding just help them out, They might help you one day,

Being a host is not just dealing with easy and knowledgable clients.
You should be happy to have these clients. With all the competition out there any client is a good client as long as they are not abusing your TOS.

I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing then. I just needed to blow off a bit of steam I guess as I was getting a lot of mail on how to do different things that seem easy to me. I need to build a FAQ and see if that will help answer some of the questions.

Thanks
Chris

Having good documentation will indeed cut support tickets...eventually. You may find that customers will need to be pointed at the appropriate answer in the FAQ a few times, when they submit tickets - then they'll eventually get into the habit of looking there first, and your tickets will trickle off.

For your particular problem, you might want to link to a "how to complete a transaction" FAQ directly from the pages a customer will see during the checkout process. You'll still get questions...but you'll probably get fewer of them.

Helping these customers become more familiar with all of this will help you win more customers. If you get these customers up and going, then anyone they refer they will be able to help.
I've seen this happen many times.

Help them

Out of the tons and tons of other hosts out there they picked you. When you get these people help them with those needs cause you never know if down the road there going to fell thanked for that and come a loyal customer. I know I had a client just like what your talking about. After 3 years he is still with me and why you may ask, he says simply I had good support and I helped him through the whole process.

Regards,

Mike C.

It really comes down to being patient.

We have had some really loyal customers who have just been great and then there are times where they need a lot of help and they become ignorant.

Then there are also people who have been a pain in the butt all the time, but they haven't violated any rules. So it becomes a really tough situation.