Dedicated server in Europe, need advice!

bronymous

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a dedicated server hosting in Europe. I'm planning to use the server with Proxmox, create VPN servers for clients, and have front end and database servers. Thing is, I've never rented a dedicated server and would love to hear some advice regarding prices and best options for my goal.

Currently, I'm using a Czech-based provider for my own VPN server. I've been eyeing their offer for a dedicated server with AMD Epyc - EPYC 7402 (24 cores 2.8GHz)/32GB RAM/1TB NVME

Here's my questions:
1. Does anyone know if this is a decent price for that config - 193 euros per month without VAT?
2. Does Epyc work well with Proxmox?
3. How many vCPU's can I get out of this server, does anyone have practical experience?

Would love to hear some thoughts, any help appreciated! Thanks.

@bronymous It looks like that you do not need any advice! Rather than that you are promoting (unintentionally or not) this particular URL and the provider. Coming to HD and a smart promoting someone with your first post is not a smart thing to do.

Moderators, please consider removing the link from the thread. Other than that EPYC CPUs work with Proxmox. For the number of vCPUs on this particular EPYC CPU model - it should be 48 threads (vCPUs)... someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Please remove the link if necessary, didn't mean to promote nothing! (I can't seem to edit the post myself to remove it)

One thing I really want to know if the price is okay or should I look elsewhere. Maybe there are alternative specs that's close to this one that's more suited for the task. Thanks!

Please remove the link if necessary, didn't mean to promote nothing! (I can't seem to edit the post myself to remove it)

One thing I really want to know if the price is okay or should I look elsewhere. Maybe there are alternative specs that's close to this one that's more suited for the task. Thanks!
Link has been removed.

In principle, the price you indicated is quite tolerable, though I did not see anywhere data on the network card and channel bandwidth.
It so happened that in Europe traffic is quite expensive, so many chose countries of Eastern Europe (not the European Union) for hosting, since the cost of Internet channels is much lower there.

Considering this, you can rent a server there a little cheaper, I think.

As you said " I've never rented a dedicated server" but do you know how to configure it or manage it?
You are about to spent nice amount but it's unless if you don't know how to manage it.

Are there set-up fees? If so, what are they – and are they waived for first-time subscribers?
My order involved a relatively large custom setup involving 8 high-end servers, so they didn't charge us a setup fee. If you decide to go with them and there is a setup fee, let me know, I'll ask my contact if there is a chance for it to be waived.

Hello,I recommend you to take a look at the "VULTR" company, which we have been using for years on both our own and our customers' websites. Keep in mind that in such quality VPS services, there is a self-service option.

There are numerous hosting companies in the market that provide highly favorable conditions for the purchase of dedicated servers. I would like to emphasize another crucial aspect, which is the responsiveness of the abuse department within the hosting company. It is essential to clarify this information when acquiring servers for resale.

We have dealt with companies that offered very competitive prices for dedicated servers. However, after receiving abuse reports, the servers were promptly shut down. Even when clients were willing to cooperate and remove prohibited content, we were denied assistance by the hosting company's support team.