Degree's

gooooogle

I'm spending a year in England starting this comming summer so I'll have a whole year to study what I want. I plan on studying computers of some sort. A BTEC or something like that. But I was wondering if there are any smaller degree's one can take (sorry if I spelled that wrong but I am a dyslectic) somewhere in the Newcastle area of England. I would like to try and take some smaller degree's in Linux, networking and so on. I just thought that seeing as I have a chance to study what I want, I should take advantage of it. I'm thinking about taking some W3C stuff, but I guess it's not going to impress any potential employer much. I would be interested in finding similar degrees in system maintanance and so on.

So if anyone knows of anything, please do tell. I'm interested in both online based and ones that you take in classrooms. It would also be nice if the price isn't to high.

I never went to uni and only college. One option might be to do a night class or open university or even some kind of private course with somewhere like learndirect where you can do specific subjects for a few months and qualify at the end of it. That last route is more expensive though.

gooooogle said:
I'm spending a year in England starting this comming summer so I'll have a whole year to study what I want. I plan on studying computers of some sort. A BTEC or something like that. But I was wondering if there are any smaller degree's one can take (sorry if I spelled that wrong but I am a dyslectic) somewhere in the Newcastle area of England. I would like to try and take some smaller degree's in Linux, networking and so on. I just thought that seeing as I have a chance to study what I want, I should take advantage of it. I'm thinking about taking some W3C stuff, but I guess it's not going to impress any potential employer much. I would be interested in finding similar degrees in system maintanance and so on.

So if anyone knows of anything, please do tell. I'm interested in both online based and ones that you take in classrooms. It would also be nice if the price isn't to high.

Doesn't a BTEC take 2 years?

A BTEC national does... I think there is a 1st though which is for those who left school and didnt get high enough grades. It's a foundation year I believe.

Yes the BTEC takes two years but I talked with the teacher at the local college and he said that I would get an Award if I do the first year. I'm trying to find one year courses but there are not that many of them.