Difference between Cpanel and Hsphere

Gineey

Cpanel & Hsphere are 2 control panels used for the purpose of managing the websites on a server. But both have different features to work on. We can use the control panel according to our requirements and needs.

There are bundle of built-in features in both the panels. I have tried to figure out some of these:

1) Server & Service

· With Hsphere you can have Several Servers assigned to the Mail Service while a couple of other Machines is assigned to the Service Like Database (mySQL) and a group of Servers is assigned to the Web-hosting Service and 2 other Machines in 2 different Locations are assigned to the Name-server Service (bind)

This is something you cannot do with cPanel.

· With Hsphere you can also install a real cluster of 2 Servers sharing the Same Disk Space (trough NFS or SAN). This will help you to achieve more uptime than with a single server solution. (i.e. while performing critical updates your service "web-hosting" is still available).

· Hsphere aims at Solution Providers with more than one Machine while CPanel is a Single Server Solution (except for the clustered DNS).

If you are planning to use more than one Server for your Company you will find Hsphere a great Partner and Software. Your Management will be easier as you control all Customers from a Single Control Panel, and your customers on the other side always login the same way and don’t have to login to 2 Separate Machines (if you have 2 Servers though).

· With Hsphere you also get a Ticket System, a Billing System so you don’t have to buy 3rd Party apps for that.

2. Billing:

If you want to be a reseller and want to allow your clients to use the billing system than you need to bill some one-time services and maybe sell products to both resellers and clients.

By CPanel and ModernBill it can be done; but requires lots of customization.

In Hsphere – you are getting billing as a part of it and completely integrated. You can custom bill for additional services (recurring, one time, any other frequency) and so on...Like

* Variety of payment methods
* Setup, recurrent, and overlimit pricing
* Taxes
* Tax exemption
* Email invoicing
* Reports
* Billing history
* Suspending debtors
* Discounts for different billing periods
* Promotions for plans
* Credit limit changeable on user-by-user basis
* Multiple billing profiles
* Refunds

It doesn’t mean modernbill is bad. But, I think H-sphere is scalable. Other thing is that in my view if you have 2 servers, and want a control panel that would manage them ... you would look for H-Sphere.

As a complete hosting automation:

· If you would like the benefits of complete hosting automation -- fraud control, automatic provisioning of new orders based on signup rules which include fraud control, recurring billing of clients, automatic proration of funds based on clients adding new chargeable features, then H-Sphere meets the needs (the others don't without band aids, and other hacks). In short you got :-
* Automated customer signup
* Automated domain registration
* Credit card processing
* E-mail customer and admin notifications
* Fully automated account provisioning

· H-Sphere provides complete hosting automation allowing you to provide services on various operating systems, which can be on various machines placed in various data centers.

People found there internal server administration costs go down with H-Sphere; also found there technical support costs lower with H-Sphere.

Additional Features:

· Hsphere has a excellent and improving daily anti spam/viri filter. Built upon Qmail which has a much richer and deeper technical. You can your self-experience that some domains that migrate from CPanel to Hsphere have got lower virus email.

* Multiple mail resources
* Mail relays
* Antivirus and Antispam filtering
* Per user/mailbox Antispam and Antivirus settings
* Integrated WebMail (IMP or SqWebmail)
Including 40 Supported Merchant Gateways and 6 Web Payment Providers

· Yes, Cpanel provide a utility for email filtering on user choices like screen some words from subject or body or ability to remove marked as Spam by Spamassassin. I don't see this in Hsphere.

Would you like to add your experience in the above clarification ?

Thanks Man :thankyou:

But what i feel, I must request administrator to deleate my post because no body is interested in Enhancing What ever explanation i have given :rolleyes2 .

It is used to promote there links in the signatures :disagree:

Rather remarkable difference in the language skills with repect to the article and the second post by the "author."

The problem is, this doesn't sound like as much of a informative post as it does a promotional comparison.

I'm not saying you can't like h-sphere, but the post seemed a bit biased.

For example, I personally find CPanel to more user-friendly, not to mention more cost effective.

CPanel aims at usability, and ease of use.

In my personal opinion, the only difference between the two is, H-Sphere, includes the "bandaids" while CPanel does not. However, CPanel can be enhanced simply by getting your own "bandaids"

Also, while I enjoy everything being in one place, I find that using tools that are dedicated to the portions of your business infastructure such as, billing, support, etc are better suited for running a business.

Allow me to explain....

Having your support, billing, etc all in one place is great, but for the most part, those features are subpar, when compared to applications that are dedicated to support, billing, etc. In fact, this is one of the reasons many h-sphere admins opt for a 3rd party support solution, and I would imagine they would opt for a 3rd party billing solution as well, if H-Sphere's billing wasn't so tightly sewn to account creation, etc.

I think a comparison would be very informative, but only if it's unbiased. When you make a biased argument for one or the other, there are many arguments to the contrary, no matter which you are biased for.