Differentiate

David Gonzales

I am just looking to know key differences between an instance and a ticket. I have seen so many clients confused related to this.

:uhh: :shaky: :shaky: :help:

Hello David !

A instance is a live connections with a client and the ticket is not a live connection is just a message .

I hope i`m right ...

Thanks for defining but i am not looking for this . When support companies used this with web hosting companies suppose client says 20 tickets or 50 instances in a month what does they mean there?

This can depend on how the web host has defined it, but it sounds like you're actually looking for an Incident versus Ticket.

You can have multiple tickets revolving around a single incident (where multiple things are related to that same incident).

An instance is usually defined similarly to a Case or Event.

I think the numbers are reversed. Instead of 20 tickets or 50 instances, it should read 50 tickets or 20 instances. At least that's how I'd interpret it anyway.

Where are you seeing this information, and have you asked the company that posted the info?

You can contact with the admin of the company via online ticket support form and via instance you can get live support.

You can have multiple tickets revolving around a single incident (where multiple things are related to that same incident).

An instance is usually defined similarly to a Case or Event.

Even I think that this is the actual meaning.

Sometimes, an incident will be solved with one or two tickets (replies from client). At other times, it will be running into more than 30 replies and sometimes even few stinkers.

I think this really boils down to what the specific provider defines as an instance and a ticket. An instance is generally defined as a step, stage, or situation viewed as part of a process or series of events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost