Discrimination on WebHostingTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebHostingTalk administrator with nickname "BEAR"suspended my account before few months becaouse our VPS client post good review about my company on this theard http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=984461&highlight=hosting022+review

Problem is in that because that client who posted good review about us work he have same last name like owner of hosting022 company.

I explane in support ticket to wht helpdesk that we are not causens and i not pay him to post review about me.

That client haved shared hosting and domain for more than two years with us and than switch to vps.

After few months talking over support ticket BEAr do not want to unsuspend our premium account because he suspect that client work for me and he suspended my account which i do not have any connection with that client needs to post good or bad review...

I can to post here all screenshoots from our tickets with BEAR,he have big problem in his minds i think that he discriminates agains me because we are from Serbia or something simular.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with you being from Serbia. Looking at things from WHT's point of view, I can see how it can look suspicious. The only thing I can advise is to petition the decision and even request that the old review be removed (even though it wasn't your posting)

WHT has a set method to check reviews posted on their forum to make sure they come from someone hosted or been hosting with a host.

So OP the fact that the reviewer has the same surname as the host they are posting positive review on and you dont think this is suspicious. I think any forum staff would think its the same person or a family member posting the review in order to gain a positive reputation to gain new customers.

'BEAR' is a respected moderator on many forums and would not have taken the decision lightly to suspend you.

There isn't enough info on this thread to make an informed decision (at least for me). I have the greatest respect for Bear and concur with Conor. Ask WHT to remove the review. Good luck.

PS: Forgot to add that I don't believe for one second this had anything to do with where you're from, and to even make that accusation taints this thread.

Last edited:
Ask WHT to remove the review.

this is what Bear stated when i informed him of this thread via PM on the WHMCS forum

Bear Forum Moderator
Re: a thread on HD you may want to reply too

Originally Posted by easyhosting
I think this thread on Hosting Discussions about you may require some imput from you.

I'm not going to join and post on a forum just because someone didn't like the outcome of an issue on WHT. He's not the first to do something like this, and I'm sure he won't be the last. He knows where to find us to discuss it directly.

WebHostingTalks scammers

They are playing a monopoly game. They are very bad. Delete posts which might be aginst themself, ban users which tell sometimes the truth about web hosting companies.

They are playing a monopoly game. They are very bad. Delete posts which might be aginst themself, ban users which tell sometimes the truth about web hosting companies.

That is one old thread to bring back. I am going to close it just based on it being 5 years old. You could always start a fresh conversation if you require so.

Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.