do you have a .tel domain

Hilarious. I never thought about the .tel domain name that way.

*Me runs away to check domain availability*

PS: Talking about indirect advertising... I hope you don't mind us editing the URL to the original commercial. :)

its there on telnic.org..nice ad.and the .tel domain name is quite good...it even allows creating different profiles to give limited access to a group of ppl..

Honestly this may just be me but I don't completely get the commercial ad / what this is for or what is the difference between them. Someone care to fill in the information please and thanks?

No one likes to throw their money away. Would this be a sound business investment? From what I've seen so far, I think so. I'm looking at this relative to paying for Google AdWords.

I assume that all depend on the domain name first of all. I would consider that as good business investment

Not what I was referring to - I was relating the expense versus the ROI.

The more I looked at .tel domain, the more I realized that the information provided on it was no different from any other domain extension I could open and insert the same information on it. Just how many personal pages does one need to be happy? The last thing I need is to be available 24/7 to the public. :D

The last thing I need is to be available 24/7 to the public.
It's like I tell my wife - just because the phone rings, it doesn't mean I have to answer it. :D Caller ID is the next best thing to sliced bread. :D

Exposure is important - look at Coke and Pepsi. We all know who they are, yet they pound us with commercials constantly. Why? Because branding is an ongoing strategy. A .tel domain is just another avenue to brand your services. When I compare that pricing and ROI to the thousands of dollars we spend on Google AdWords, that investment is a drop in the bucket.

We always have staff available 24/7 and our clients are given emergency escalation procedures with contact info on everyone up to our President - work phones, cell phones and email addresses. Availability drives repeat business. :agree:

its a new ext and it is quite costly i searched for one but they were charging it 7$
Cost is relative to what you gain. The cost for a help wanted ad here in the Post Dispatch is close to $400. A Google Adword bid of less than $5 won't get one keywork ad listed in the top two pages - not in this industry. That $7 is a cost that works for you 24/7/365.

Cost is relative to what you gain. The cost for a help wanted ad here in the Post Dispatch is close to $400. A Google Adword bid of less than $5 won't get one keywork ad listed in the top two pages - not in this industry. That $7 is a cost that works for you 24/7/365.
Even at these nominal rates, I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

If you have a business, publish the contact information on your main site under a "Contact Us" link. It's worked so far.