Do You Love WordPress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zendevi

I'm a huge fan of WordPress and deploy it whenever I have even the slightest excuse. Excellent for blogs, robust enough to be used as a complex CMS, completely free and with a community numbering in the millions developing for it.

Any thoughts or comments on WordPress in general?

WordPress is certainly a great product, especially for mom and pop small businesses where they don't have extensive Internet or IT resources.

I love wordpress for blogging and news sites not a fan just yet to using it as I would say Joomla (my one true love :devil: ) however even still there are a lot of cases where good old php and html cannot be beaten for ease however the wordpress functions are very forgiving and easy to use when integrating into a standard php site :) which is allways a plus for those new to wordpress or new to being a webmaster.

I'm a big fan of Wordpress and use it on many of my sites for SEO purposes. They even have an ecommerce module for it now so you can sell directly using Wordpress and not have to push the user to another software.

Blogs seem to get indexed much quicker than a standard HTML page, and with the extra feedback from users comments, you have a lot of fresh content for the search engines to eat up.

I think it can be a great as a basic CMS for people new to the web. It's simple to understand and use, and there are lots of templates out there too.

I think it can be a great as a basic CMS for people new to the web. It's simple to understand and use, and there are lots of templates out there too.

Agreed, it presents an excellent starting point for people to get basic blogs up and running and, with the right choice of themes and plugins, there really is no limit to the growth and direction of a site built on WordPress.

Not all can be done using WordPress (easily, at least). You need to have some PHP background to modify certain things that you may need which is not provided in any of the plugins.

Easy to use though. I love using WordPress for simple cms sites. Very easy to navigate around the admin. It's an instant hit with users, beginners and advance alike.

I like the administration backend, but I think their templating system needs looking at, as mentioned you need a bit of php knowledge to create a custom template. They need to incorporate something like smarty templates

You actually need NO php knowledge to creat custom templates for WordPress. There are programs made for that purpose - that make it easy to customize thousands of templates. Then simply upload the template and activate it.

You actually need NO php knowledge to creat custom templates for WordPress. There are programs made for that purpose - that make it easy to customize thousands of templates. Then simply upload the template and activate it.

This is true and it should also be noted that WordPress keeps a large repository of all the PHP you need inside "the loop", making average PHP coders (like me) able to do more than they could otherwise.

I like wordpress when it comes to customization and administration. WordPress supports categories, modification of the core files (open source), and plugins for even more features.

Wordpress are not just only for blogging purpose only. Actually most of us are are not realized that many website that we visiting everyday are using Wordpress as the backbone of the site.
Advance themes and plugins make it more successful!

I use wordpress for most of my sites, especially as a pretty shell for "coming soon". A slightly fleshed out WP site is way more dimensional than a "under construction" page.

I actually spent a month figuring out a way to make my personal site & blog flow seamlessly into one another and back with the same template without the main site being bloggish. Its very pro looking without me needing to spend a year developing it out.

I have used Wordpress for every blog I've created in the last couple years, and have been completely satisfied with it. I haven't tried to use it for anything but blogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting