Do you offer any other services apart from hosting?

dbosch

My question Do you guys offer any other services apart from hosting?

Example programmer, designer or something totally different.

We offer Broadband and Design Services as well as hosting. We do offer other services but they are not listed on the site.

In addition to offering hosting, we also do custom programming which seems to be working well right now, but this is not listed on our site either.

I used to offer web-design and domains, but with the lack of interested for the services, we decided to close them off.

It just seems some people like to get things from different area's. So getting web-design done from one place, a domain from another, hosting from else where etc.. etc..

The people who did want our additional services, were the business type or the new type, who didn't want to go around for everything. They basically found it easier to stick with one place and get it all.

Hosting is just a small part of our business, but we been around since 2004. we mostly in web development with a few new content management systems, Bulleting Boards, a few life style sites, and a few services

Regards
John

I've always found it interesting that resellers don't resell more types of services. Why not resell Dedicated Servers, VPS, Colo, Mail, Backup and other services. Why limit themselves to just one or two products? I guess it can be hard to find companies that allow reselling of all those services but they're around if you look.

I know some people who offer WHMCS and domains in addition to hosting. Some people even get into selling ssl. I think these things are not capable of making you enough money for the time you have to put into it.

Well, if someone does something for a long period of time, there going to get better & faster at it. So, it really wouldn't be as bad as starting out from no where.

Edited for content. <<MOD NOTE: 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.>>

I guess you can take on more and more services once you stand firmly on the ground and have a well established reputation in one niche, that's the case when hosts start reselling domains and domainers - hosting, godaddy and namecheap cases, sometimes hosts go for dedicated service and colo services reselling, like ***********.com.
Well, the things that prevent every company from offering lots of services to their resellers are the numerous highly-trained staff.
I see one major problem with reselling dedicated servers, and that's the problem of support. If you buy this service with support from your host, how are your clients' tickets answered?

On The Side As a Leader In The WebHosting Industry, RobHosting Also Is Affiliated With MoB Designs - A Web Design/Coding Team. We try keeping our business separate but this offers RobHosting customers the option of help.

If a host doesnt want to get into the web design / programming, they can still partner with a reliable company and make some money. Companies dealing with the design etc. also may want to offer hosting, atlest to increase the customer stickiness.

I had partnered with a few businesses in the past to offer a wider range of tools. However, hosting was what I concentrated on most and other business was just on request of the client.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost