Do you really need a knowledgebase?

energizedit

If you have a knowledgebase can you tell me if your clients actually use it? I think I would prefer to just disable this feature in Client Exec.

Mark

Knowledge bases are invaluable if you can keep them up-to-date and relevant, most people like the ability to find the answer themselves (count the number of times you’ve googled something).

It also will release pressure on your ticket/live support and reduce the time the client has to wait for an answer. Try to include common issues but anything that crops up that is easily answered throw in for good measure however make sure the search feature and titles are relevant as in “how do i ...?” or “can i do ... ?”

From my personal experience as a custom, I do use it.

Just a couple of days ago I was about to send the HandsOn support a question, but as I typed in the question I noticed the answer was available in one of the knowledge base articles posted below my ticket screen area (sort of, relevant questions). So it saved me and tech guys some time.

Usually I always use KB first. If it can save the support reps time responding to an inquiry which can be easily be found on the site, why not!

make sure the search feature and titles are relevant as in “how do i ...?” or “can i do ... ?”
That is exactly how I got to locate the answer to my question! My question started with "how many..."

As you can see, our customers do use our knowledgebase on a daily basis for all sorts of questions. We also rank VERY high (re #1 & #2) for many of the questions in our knowledgebase. We not only include help to help our customers, but also customers of OTHER companies - when you can provide help to people who are not even customers, it builds a reputation that people take notice of.

Knowledgebase articles not only help your custoemrs find quick answers, but HOPEFULLY provide valuable support to your customers - as Artashes said - it helps lighten the load on our support staff if it's done right.

I agree, the knowledge base is a must have. I started off with a few questions and answers in my knowledge base and build it up as the support questions come in. It gives the customer the freedom of looking it up themselves without having to wait for support (it seems to happen quite often that people don't expect an answer straight away from support, so they don't sit around and wait).

It also brings other people to your website that are looking for an answer to a question you have in your knowledge base. Keeping your knowledge base updated has more than one advantage. It also shows you know what you're doing.

Yes..I think it is critical for many hosts. It has been my experience most people are looking for answers to questions..and if a knowledgebase is easy to use and the information there clear and concise..yes..it will save you support time and help keep your ticket volume down.

Yes..it with a decent forum that is well-policed by you and your staff are keys to keeping customers happy..which is a very important thing indeed.

>>>>What's more..it will help you convert more people to customers. i know..I've seen it firsthand. It is a fact.

Bryon

I think the knowledge base is very important to our business,our customers can use it and others can also use it,maybe they will become our clients.

Knowledgebase is very valuable part of our website/business.
Because it saves our support team time.
We are using it not only for text based questions answers publishing, but for video tutorials.

As stated above, a knowledgebase will be a very valuable part of your business. It will provide your clients with instant support, as well as considerably ease the load on the amount of support tickets submitted, saving you time and work.

Having video tutorials and a good knowledgebase with as many trouble shooting articles and frequently asked questions as possible will benefit you greatly. I say it's a must! :agree:

Some clients will use a knowledge base and some will not, same thing applies for clients who will use a support ticket system and others will not.

Having the option is not bad, but keeping it up to date sometimes can be a task.

Of course, client's with no experience look regular at knowledgebase in order to learn a little bit more about hosting in general.

I agree and would suggest a knowledge base. Not only can it lead to people searching for a similar issue to your site, it can reduce call/support issues as well.

I see very little downside to having a knowledgebase, and lots of upside. I look through different knowledgebases quite often, just to keep abreast of the industry. As an end-user, I'd rather read through a knowledgebase before I embarrass myself on livechat, or likewise. :D

Usually I always use KB first. If it can save the support reps time responding to an inquiry which can be easily be found on the site, why not!

Agreed, I do the same. There's also a bit of satisfaction of being able to seemingly solve the problem on my own, rather than have it handed out to me by a tech. :)

My clients have never touched the knowledgebase. But being a good web host means you don't take shortcuts so I suggest you have one.

Good and up to date knowledgebase is always good idea - not only for your customers, its hard to memorize everything, or if your support team are not made from einstenins, and good thing is to keep your answers/solutions for clients somewhere - why not in knowledgebase?

Hi!
Yes..it is very important. First..many possible customers will look at a knowledgebase as a plus when selecting a new host. I think it really helps conversions just like a active forum does. Also..a good knowledgebase allows your customers to help themselves to answer many questions..and not have to file tickets.

Yes..it is very important.

>>>I should point out it needs to be easy to use..or no one will use it.

Bryon

Last edited:
Good and up to date knowledgebase is always good idea - not only for your customers, its hard to memorize everything, or if your support team are not made from einstenins, and good thing is to keep your answers/solutions for clients somewhere - why not in knowledgebase?

I'd second that - live chat support use it as much as the customers :)