Do you use Simple Scripts?

greatscott

On your websites do you use Simple Scripts or Fantastico? I have used both and prefer Simple Scripts. I think it's quicker and easier to use. Plus it updates quicker then Fantastico does. Are there issues that I don't know about?

I've never used SimpleScripts, but I have used Fantastico over the past 8 years or so I think it is. Last year we switched from Fantastico to Softaculous and we haven't looked back. More than 140 scripts that can install with a click of a button and the price is much cheaper than Fantastico.

Never played with Simple Scripts before, but Softaculous wins my vote for installation script programs.

Much like Conor, I've used fantastico for a similar period and we have offered it for that time as well, we do offer both Softaculous and Fantastico currently both with equal usuage

I've never used SimpleScripts, but I have used Fantastico over the past 8 years or so I think it is. Last year we switched from Fantastico to Softaculous and we haven't looked back. More than 140 scripts that can install with a click of a button and the price is much cheaper than Fantastico.

Never played with Simple Scripts before, but Softaculous wins my vote for installation script programs.

Agreed, Softaculous is awesome, and its definitely now used more than Fantastico and any other script installer. :D

I've used SimpleScripts before on 2 different servers. Both are on 100Mbps connections, yet the performance was real slow and sluggish. I know its not on my server's end since it was tested on 2 different servers on US and Germany.

Also, its a pain uninstalling it. You have to rebuild sprites yourself, and on some occassions, you need to rebuild cPanel's PHP config (this is rare though).

Good luck with it :p

You should definitely try Softaculous. Softaculous will allow to install more than 125 scripts with a few simple clicks and therefore nowadays it is highly recommended.

I have only used Fantastico and I think it is great. It has everything I needed when using it. Check out the different features and then make your decision.

I got softaculous a few months back, it is cheaper, much more sleek, and does a better job in my view.

Fantastico is not so fantastic anymore, I only use it to market with our hosting products, but I never use it myself, but for about £7 a year, I may as well run it on all our shared nodes, it does a perfect job and goes well with cPanel.

Fantastico is a great utility to have in your system. Although, preference should be installing open source applications manually because these scripts can have out dated applications which can be a huge security risk.

Personally, I would recommend softaculous. They are a great one-click script install manager, and great for newly members getting started, from my experience with fantastico they are more advanced, and are for a more moderate cPanel member.

Softacolous is awesome.. has more scripts than fantastico, we can import scripts that are already manually installed.

I would go for Fantastico.
When you install an application like CMS's Joomla or Wordpress you need to keep it updated regularly, and Fantastico does this job.
Instalatron is also a good option, especially for DirectAdmins.