Does Anyone Post Good Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've noticed that as well. I guess that people would rather share bad experiences than good, which is unfortunate because people should share the good experiences to help others who are looking for a good company find the one thats right for them.

No wonder it happens. According to stats, people will tell on average 11 other people about negative experiences with other companies, while they do not hurry to leave positive feedback when they actually do.

I always take it that if there is no 'background information' about a company, then its good news.

However, a problem with positive reviews are that there are a few barriers, including that it can be spam or based on insufficient period of time to draw a conclusion, that is why people have a harder time believing that.

I personally have great experience with my host, so I never hold myself back to drop in a good word when asked about it.

Best,

Well, I guess that the good thing about all of the negative reviews is that you will know of the ones that you may want to avoid, but I never would base a choice on one opinion because they may have done something to deserved termination or whatever problem they had.

It is rare to see a "real" positive review on hosting companies, but you can always find a negative it seems. No news is good news usually in this industry. We get on average about 10 letters a month either in email or snail mail from our customers commending us on our services and most host providers get the same from theirs. Some hosts will post those, but we choose to just keep them around for those late nights so we remember why we do this. :)

I find it rare that customers post "good" reviews. :( It seems they are all ways there if there is an issue or a problem thats for sure.. They will make sure they get to a forum.. LoL

vortech said:
I find it rare that customers post "good" reviews. :( It seems they are all ways there if there is an issue or a problem thats for sure.. They will make sure they get to a forum.. LoL
Well, a good solution would be to have a forum running where your customers can leave their testimonials of service. That way you get positive reviews as well.

Thats a good question. Whelp, I like ev1 if your looking for a dedicated server. They have provided me with the best customer support since day one. Hostnexus is also good!

iblive said:
Just curious, all I see are negatives.

I could post one if you would like....and I've had quite a few hosting companies in my time ranging from a local ISP in the early 90s, to CrystalTech, HugeHosting, 1and1, and another one that made such a good impact on me, I forgot their name...

The one that I'm currently with (Uplinkearth) seems to be the most solid in comparison to all of the others that I have hosted with. Quick response from customer support, nice balance of product offerrings and reasonable prices. Compared to the ones listed above, they still stand out as the best. Probably the closest in comparison was CrystalTech but I found that the price points and quality of service to be a bit higher at Uplinkearth.

I've hosted all kinds of sites in various places, ranging from personal to non-profits to low volume commercial...from Unix based to Windows.

Still lovin' uplinkearth and I haven't found anything to complain about.

How's that....a positive review for you?

Artashes said:
Well, a good solution would be to have a forum running where your customers can leave their testimonials of service. That way you get positive reviews as well.

MOD NOTE: Post edited for promotional material.

Oh we get them all the time, was I was talking about was like in public places other then the hosts own forum. We do have a forum and get ALOT of them there.

So customers do say good things, I thought you were talking about on public forums.. LoL

As others have said, it comes down to the psychology of a person. You'll see far more bad reviews because it's more likely for a person to share their bad experiences when a company did not live up to expectations then when a company does live up to the expectations. It's just human nature to be this way, because, afterall aren't they doing simply what they are supposed to be doing?

That being said, there are good reviews and I've seen a fair amount of them around. It's just natural that you're probably going to see more of the bad than the good for the reasons I stated above.

Also many customers come to forums to ask for help when they have some troubles with a host. You know, the "what can I do" kind of questions. Some of them rant and vent and in the process hurt their host's reputation. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not, but their "review" remains there.

Hi all,
I am trying to find the best and most practical choice for reselling, Does anyone have some good experiences that they can share or advice they can offer me on a good company to go with.
P.S. i am in New Zealand so am not in competition with you.

Mike

CrazyTech said:
As others have said, it comes down to the psychology of a person. You'll see far more bad reviews because it's more likely for a person to share their bad experiences when a company did not live up to expectations then when a company does live up to the expectations. It's just human nature to be this way, because, afterall aren't they doing simply what they are supposed to be doing?

I tend to think the same, although practically speaking, if something is going wrong, a client will post a bad review in the 'heat of the moment'. It's rare to see proactive negative reviews after the problem is resolved. Of course if someone else is bashing someone, people tend to jump in.

Also take into consideration your own nature - I know i'm absolutely distraut when my own internet provider to my home goes down...for those couple hours it's out, I don't know what to do. The same could be said for hosting clients - generally speaking when people are not in control of their situation (host goes down) they become impatient, rude, anxious.....I find that happens with me when a DC problem occurs....it's not often, but during that downtime I need to take a walk. It's a situation I have no control over, and yet it eats me alive :D I feel like a victim, because I did nothing wrong, and yet i'm paying for a service that is letting me down. It's like being betrayed.

I understand that this particular thread is a bit old, but I wanted to offer a piece of advice.

Given that many are quicker to share a bad review than a good one, I whole-heartedly believe that one should give most any company a chance that has a fair sized customer base. This should mean that the company is stable and provides services that are satisfactory for most every active client. If you run across bad reviews of said company, please remember that even though the customer is always right, there are two sides to each story. ;) I think if someone has a doubt of joining a hosting company, they should just join up and form their own personal experience. Who knows, it could be the best service and deal you've ever had. (Or will ever have again, or at least until 2010 or so) ;)

Please remember if you do take that chance, and have a good experience, tell at least one person. :) All hosting companies are real people just like you, just trying to make a living. ;) Like anything, things can go wrong. It's karma, nature, gravity, and all of that good stuff. One thing is for certain, we're all here on the Internet, so we all have something in common. :dance:

There is additional problem with good reviews. Have you noticed that in official reviews mostly big names with deep marketing pockets get in the list of best Hosting providers: 'Best 5, Top 10 and so on.'

As in every business we have suppliers and customers. Somehow, we need to build a good relationships with all parties involved.

I find usually when things are going good no one has anyting to say.

People only start posting bad reviews when there are problems.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting