Does Anyone use Magic Jack?

rylie

I have had the Magic Jack VOIP phone service for a few months now. I use it for many of my LD calls. It seems ok considering you don't have a monthly bill, but occasionally there is quite a bit of static on the line. Does anyone here use MJ and have you had similar results with it?

I would Cancel any VOIP Since you still need a high speed connection its not worth it really since the local phone Co are making it now that to get VOIP it will run you about the same as a regular phone line.

I have done some research on this topic when I was trying to save some money getting a VOIP and my phone company will Charge me for having no phone service with DSL will only save maybe $5/mo

Also Phone lines are ment for voice VOIP Tech is not perfected yet and gets a lot of static, unless you have a T1 thats a dedicated VOIP

Also the VOIP runs thru your router, If you have residential DSL your router will reset itself every few hrs and will cut you off if your talking to some one. ATT is Great for doing just that. :crash:

Haven't tried any of them

I have my phone through the cable company now which I'm not sure is exactly the same thing or not but it works great where I am. Very clear - in fact, I had to turn the volume down on the phone as it now seemed much louder. Since I have a bundle with phone, tv and internet it ended up being a lot less expensive than having it all separately before.

Hello,

Interesting post. I never heard of Magic Jack VOIP. I'm sorry I could not be more helpful for you. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123