Domain transfer

Mediumcube

If I start a web hosting service can I offer free transfer of domains to my clients from another host.I will offer hosting from a reseller package.Can I transfer their domain myself?

Yes, you can transfer your client's domain yourself without any assistance of primary web host. It's totally depends on you; whether to charge for transfer or not.

I am not clear what exactly you are referring to.

Do you mean transfer the nameservers to point to your servers so they can host their website on your server? Or are you referring to actually transferring the domain registrar to make you their new registrar?

You just need to have a reseller account to a registran like enom , netearth , namecheap and then you can transfer the domains to your account. But you need to pay for it

One more point I forgot to mention
You must have EPP code of any (all) domains that you need to transfer. WIthout WPP, you cannot transfer

3 Things are primarily required for a Domain Name Transfer to occur

EPP Code
Domain Secret
And a Reseller Account with top registrars like Enom and Namecheap(costs $$$)

Yes, but it will cost you most of the time, so as long as you cover that cost you will not loose.

Or charge them.

You would need the EPP code and them to authorise the transfer, it is pretty easy really.
Most .co.uk transfers are free however.

Yes, but it will cost you most of the time, so as long as you cover that cost you will not loose.

Or charge them.

You would need the EPP code and them to authorise the transfer, it is pretty easy really.
Most .co.uk transfers are free however.

Agreed.

All TLD domain transfers to my knowledge require you to pay an additional years registration charge (.com, .net, .org etc).

Some ccTLD's (.uk, .au) can be transferred free, unless inside the renewal window, in which case you will get charged a renewal fee if you transfer.

Mediumcube,

Almost all of the above answers are about the domain name registrar change. However it looks like your question could be about hosting account transfer. Could you specify?

Webcs-Peter,

At first glance, yes (that's why I said "could be"). But the fact that this topic is in "Web Hosting Reselling" forum instead of "Domain Name Issues" plus the way question was asked doesn't make it 100% clear. So I've decided to verify.

All TLD domain transfers to my knowledge require you to pay an additional years registration charge (.com, .net, .org etc).
gTLDs require either re-registration, or renewal on transfer
ccTLDs vary by country, with about equal numbers between
* not allowing transfers
* not charging for transfers
* renewing on transfer
* starting as a new registration on transfer

Regarding the OPs question - whilst it's not clear that they understand the difference between *files* for hosting and the *domain* the simplest answer is

Yes, you can transfer it (subject to various dates/rules/regulations) - whether that's the site you're transferring (which will "cost" you in time to do it) or the domain you're transferring (which in the _main_ will cost you to do so).

If you choose to charge your client or offer it free, that's all down to your own business model - it wont alter whether there is a cost to you to offer it.

I'm not sure if I am understanding what you are asking. It's going to cost you no matter what, but yes, you can offer it free.

One more point I forgot to mention
You must have EPP code of any (all) domains that you need to transfer. WIthout WPP, you cannot transfer

Wrong!! .uk domains do not need any EPP code and transferring .uk domains are free, but other domains .com etc. you will charge by the registrar to transfer to them. it is totally up to you if you want to pass these charges to your clients.

Yes you can if you have a reseller domaion account you can transfer the domains to you while you may pay the transfer cost for your clients.

MOD NOTE: Advertising link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can if you have a [reseller domaion[/URL] account you can transfer the domains to you while you may pay the transfer cost for your clients.

why is it that so many newbies on here just cant read or just think forums rules dont apply to them.

YOU CANNOT ADVERTISE ON THIS FORUM UNLESS IN THE MARKETPLACE SECTION.

for that reason post reported.