Dreamweaver to cPanel?

tobie

Is it possible to upload the website builder Dreamweaver to cPanel? Or wouldn't it be advisable to upload it through the File Transfer Protocol (FTP)? I have a little understanding of FTP so I need your opinion. I only know that FTP can upload webpages but I'm not sure if other softwares can also be uploaded.

Do you have permission from your host to be installing 3rd party software on the server? Or is it a dedicated server that you have?

As far as I’m aware Adobe Dreamweaver 8 and above (from experience) utilise FTP and you simply enter the account details and allow access through your own firewall. The downside and the reason I tend not to recommend this is that Dreamweaver will upload the new file whenever you as the user hit save.

This can be productive at times when testing files however if there is an error and as most using the server files as a backup you can have the misfortune of overriding that file without intending to do so.

All in all its a good tool however my recommendation would be to work in a test directory and not that of the live site as well as keep an active untouched backup before you begin.

Are you asking about uploading the actual software? (Dreamweaver) If so it would be illegal to host it online.

If you just mean you want to upload web files (HTML, PHP etc) from Dreamweaver to your hosting via FTP then that is fine & the tutorial HostLeet provided should help you set it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting