European web hosting market

aeromit

Hi,

I find very hard to find someone to from EU country to discuss the European web hosting market. Do you have any idea why there is no popular EU web hosting discussion board?

The diversity of languages might be one. The fact that each European citizen probably prefers hosting in his own country, or, if that's not possible, wherever's cheaper (and that usually happens to be US).

Building a forum takes time, and once you have a behemoth industry specific forum, competing against it will be very-very hard. When it comes to forums, it is activity that attracts more activity.

I think it depends on country. EU countries have their own forums and i think they all are posting there. But most of people are using US forums, you may not know that he\she is from EU country.

a lot of the .uk hosts hang out at webhostchat.co.uk
there are similarly forums for .nl hosts etc.
remember not everyone knows about hostingdiscussion.com :D

Yeah that’s right; it should be mainly because of the diversity in the languages spoken in the European countries and as most of the hosting companies are from the USA and UK one will find the maximum forums of these nations on the net.

May be you are unaware of such boards?
Despite language barrier, it is difficult to understand that such boards can't be in English atleast.

Europian hosting board, would you like to have it in English, german, french, italian or spanish? Really, language is one big barrier - as far us I understand the english speaking UK is more likely to find something common with US than their europian neighbours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting