ev1servers.net or rackspace.com

gate2vn said:
they are totally different. EV1 offers unmanaged servers, meanwhile rackspace does with fully managed boxes. what do you want to compare?

Hes gota point. What do you want us to compare?

Rackspace will cost you a lot more as said for the managed boxes, if you know what you are doing, I'd say EV1.

I used both actually, before i started using my own servers.

EV1 had much better support when I needed somthing. RS had poor support, however, the servers were MUCH better, and their uptime was 100% :)

None of the Above

I had a poor experience with ev1 and with all the negative comments I have seen about rackspace I am sure you would be better of with another provider. Try looking for a small provider who actually cares about your business. You would be amazed at the personal support that smaller providers tend to offer.

Ev1 = Bad choice as their support is not up to par and their boxes are always undergoing some type of DDoS attack. They also have a bad habit of unplugging clients without informing them.

Rackspace is more expensive, might not have a perfect track record, but they certainly don't jerk their clients around.

Hmm, EV1 was great to me. Never had a problem with them. The server did go down for about 1/2 hour because they said they were working the the data center, but over all, i think they were great!

rjnsmith said:
Hmm, EV1 was great to me. Never had a problem with them. The server did go down for about 1/2 hour because they said they were working the the data center, but over all, i think they were great!

yeh same here for me. :p

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison. EV1 is basically a budget provider (one of the better ones, but still a budget provider).. Rackspace is a high end provider, and costs considerably more.

The two aren't remotely similar. It's much like comparing a soda with a brand of pancakes - they really don't even touch the same market segments.