Every website Needs a Host!

joseWebline#1

In today's world with technology so advance. Every one is creating there own web site and looking for the best way to expand there business and most important of all, looking for the best reliable hosting solution company. But the most important question is what? Every one claims to be the best host out their. So how to we determine the right hosting company for those that need web hosting? Is it 24/7 support, Affordable prices, data center locations or a web hosting company that is really good at marketing their brand? Which one will you choose?

That's an easy one - you don't determine which host is best, but which is best for YOU!

Certain people are looking for the lowest prices only, others rely heavily on customer support, some would be in need of very strict security while others would just grab an account lead by an impulse...

Its really that simple and this is the reason when people are looking for a new host in the forums they post their own requirements. They clearly express the intended direction of the customer requirements and makes it easier to recommend a host :)

Is it 24/7 support

This is not relevant and to be honest to you I don't believe any review, some companies are just paying for this, and of course you can have 24/7 worst support so it is useless. Those days quality is not a require like was before if you are "trendy", if you are active on Facebook bull**** you are OK. Of course if you just install Wordpess they, the support, will be OK, but if you need some different setup, option they are lost.

Affordable prices,

Irrelevant again. Question: affordable for whom, Bill Gates?

data center locations

Can be some good points, if for you depends geolocation.

web hosting company that is really good at marketing their brand?

Marketing is the way how to lie the customer until is with you. After the customer's money are in the house it doesn't matter anything. It is like with the sheep in the flock, if one will jump the rest will follow.

Which one will you choose?

I think the best option is to have 100% control of your website, vps, dedicated server etc, this you can achieve by unmanaged services and start to learn, is not so difficult, "guru" admins are just showing that is difficult, of course for monetary reasons.

I am giving you a clue. I came in Canada in 2003, and since then for me it is clear what big companies are doing, I mean they are using people with diploma but with no brain, today is more important to have no opinion, just follow.

Any company I called (cable, phone, internet, etc.) I need to call 5, 6 times and to compare information because those information are different, so there is just one explanation, they are not pro. So for me people who are working for Walmart have the same knowledge like people who are working for big ISP providers, etc.

Just close your eyes, and choose a company, with no so big reviews(those will always fail), because for them the customer is not a person is a product.

Regards

Last edited:
Marketing is the way how to lie the customer until is with you. After the customer's money are in the house it doesn't matter anything. It is like with the sheep in the flock, if one will jump the rest will follow.

I have to say, as a person who have studied Marketing for 9 years now, your words deeply hurt :D Come on guys, not all marketers are the blood-sucking vampires that just want your money (I believe those are called "lawyers"), in rare cases you can find marketers that actually want to bring a great vision to a product they believe in ;)

And what happens AFTER the purchase is not really in the marketer's competence, its more of a how much importance the company gives to their Customer Service team :agree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseWebline#1 View Post
Is it 24/7 support
This is not relevant and to be honest to you I don't believe any review, some companies are just paying for this, and of course you can have 24/7 worst support so it is useless. Those days quality is not a require like was before if you are "trendy", if you are active on Facebook bull**** you are OK. Of course if you just install Wordpess they, the support, will be OK, but if you need some different setup, option they are lost.

Quote:
Affordable prices,
Irrelevant again. Question: affordable for whom, Bill Gates?

Quote:
data center locations
Can be some good points, if for you depends geolocation.

Quote:
web hosting company that is really good at marketing their brand?

Quote:
Which one will you choose?
I think the best option is to have 100% control of your website, vps, dedicated server etc, this you can achieve by unmanaged services and start to learn, is not so difficult, "guru" admins are just showing that is difficult, of course for monetary reasons.

I am giving you a clue. I came in Canada in 2003, and since then for me it is clear what big companies are doing, I mean they are using people with diploma but with no brain, today is more important to have no opinion, just follow.

Any company I called (cable, phone, internet, etc.) I need to call 5, 6 times and to compare information because those information are different, so there is just one explanation, they are not pro. So for me people who are working for Walmart have the same knowledge like people who are working for big ISP providers, etc.

Just close your eyes, and choose a company, with no so big reviews(those will always fail), because for them the customer is not a person is a product.

24/7 support is relevant to me.

If I get an alert from a monitoring service that any of my sites are down at 2 AM in the morning, I absolutely want to be able to contact customer support to get them back up as soon as possible. And I'd venture to state that most hosting providers are capable of supporting way more than just WordPress sites. In fact, in the 19 years I've been in the Internet/hosting business, I've only run across one host with sub-par customer support.

And since when did quality stop being important? Every single one of my clients would beg to differ with you, and I certainly demand quality from my hosting company (and on a side note, I have not yet been disappointed with their support).

I'll agree with you on reviews, up to a degree. I always read reviews with a grain of salt because they're normally not verifiable. I routinely disregard older reviews, but on newer ones, I'll look for trends and try to weed out what I interpret as sour grapes.

Clearly you must not like Facebook, but a social media strategy is important (on multiple levels) to businesses that want to maximize their branding and profits.

Concerning affordable prices

YES, price is definitely relevant. In the context of the tread, it's implied that price is relevant to the prospect.

I don't currently have any clients who are not concerned with pricing. I did work for a multi-millionaire a couple of years ago who paid top dollar for content, but those types of clients are far and few in-between.

Data center location can be important

Infrastructure, at least to me, is just as important as the location of the data center. This depends on what you're offering and who your target audience is.

Marketing is indeed exceeding important

Marketing isn't just about converting prospects. It encompasses the entire realm of pre and post sales, and maximizing lifetime customer assets. The overwhelming majority of prospects I've engaged over the past 19 years in this business are experts in their field of expertise, but not necessarily hosting literate. When structuring a marketing strategy, I never predispose prospects as sheep in a flock. Marketing is all about presenting solutions that remedy a perceived need.

100 percent control of your website?

Of course it's always preferable to have complete control of your website, but that's not always possible. For example, the owners of very successful hair salons or restaurants may utilize their sites to draw repeat business through their front doors, but know very little about Linux, cPanel, domain hosting, data centers and so on.

Employing a staff of IT professionals is normally cost restrictive for mom and pop operations, and allocating resources for learning how to manage a VPS or dedicated service may or may not be the best course of action. Managed hosting solutions fill that requirement. In my own business, I don't want to know every in and out of WHM, as I have more pressing matters to attend to day in and day out. The same concept applies to hiring bookkeepers or CPA's. Not every business owner is "accounting" literate.

Diplomas but no brains?

We travel in different worlds, my friend. While you so casually disparage thousands of hard working professionals who work for Walmart and Internet Service Providers alike, the reality is that most hosting providers care more about demonstrated ability. Ask the hosting providers on this forum what they prefer, a diploma or techs who live and breathe this industry.

Just close your eyes and choose a company?! :crash:

That's advice I hope no one on this forum follows.

If I get an alert from a monitoring service that any of my sites are down at 2 AM in the morning, I absolutely want to be able to contact customer support to get them back up as soon as possible. And I'd venture to state that most hosting providers are capable of supporting way more than just WordPress sites. In fact, in the 19 years I've been in the Internet/hosting business, I've only run across one host with sub-par customer support.

You're right in a way, but believe me my experience with big companies (at any level like dedicated servers) was extremely lame, with their 24/7 support. Nobody is perfect and any company can have problems, sometimes because of their careless attitude. But not so many companies will accept the fault on their side (when of course there is) and act.

(and on a side note, I have not yet been disappointed with their support).

Probably you are not doing complex things, just regular. Maybe I am wrong but all my problems are existing when I demand for something out of usual.

Clearly you must not like Facebook, but a social media strategy is important (on multiple levels) to businesses that want to maximize their branding and profits.

Yeah, but it is not more easy just to say the truth and respect the truth? It is wrong to be moral in business?

We travel in different worlds, my friend. While you so casually disparage thousands of hard working professionals who work for Walmart and Internet Service Providers alike, the reality is that most hosting providers care more about demonstrated ability. Ask the hosting providers on this forum what they prefer, a diploma or techs who live and breathe this industry.

If you read what I wrote I refereed to knowledge that is a different thing than hard working . I really respect hard working people !!!

Just close your eyes and choose a company?! :crash:

Maybe I say it wrong, I wanted to say that you won't know exactly reality until you'll be there, and maybe at that time will be too late, so in fact is just a "6/49" way.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
You're right in a way, but believe me my experience with big companies (at any level like dedicated servers) was extremely lame, with their 24/7 support. Nobody is perfect and any company can have problems, sometimes because of their careless attitude. But not so many companies will accept the fault on their side (when of course there is) and act.

Quote:
(and on a side note, I have not yet been disappointed with their support).
Probably you are not doing complex things, just regular. Maybe I am wrong but all my problems are existing when I demand for something out of usual.

Quote:
Yeah, but it is not more easy just to say the truth and respect the truth? It is wrong to be moral in business?

Quote:
If you read what I wrote I refereed to knowledge that is a different thing than hard working . I really respect hard working people !!!

Quote:
Just close your eyes and choose a company?!

Maybe I say it wrong, I wanted to say that you won't know exactly reality until you'll be there, and maybe at that time will be too late, so in fact is just a "6/49" way

Of course no company is perfect

But over generalizing is counter productive when you're on a hosting forum offering solutions. I can readily name quite a few hosting providers that are anything but lame when it comes to diagnosing dedicated servers and the like.

Out of the usual?

Please do not assume to know the complexity of my requirements.

Of course, out-of-the-usual queries will require an elevated level of support, but most of the larger providers have competent level two and level three techs on staff (my experience).

Facebook and morality?

You're taking a huge jump in logic from a business utilizing Facebook and social media to anything remotely associated with morality. Of course hosting providers should be moral, but by what measure do you perceive social media as not truthful or immoral? I'll give you an example. Look up BigRedSEO's Facebook page. My perception is that their Facebook presence succinctly complements their website - and offers real value to both existing and prospective clients.

Diplomas, hard working professionals and knowledge?

I did read and re-read what you wrote. I'll go so far as to say that the majority of hosting providers hire their support staff based on their working knowledge of hosting solutions, and NOT any type of diploma. Of course, possessing a diploma helps as it demonstrates at the very least that they've acquired a specific level of knowledge relevant to the industry.

Reality?

You're right in that none of us really knows reality until we're in the mix, but this thread is about offering recommendations to avoid the pitfalls. It's better to avoid getting hit rather than getting hit and finding out you have a glass jaw. The same concept applies to hosting and every other industry.

My recommendation

There are a lot of competent hosting providers on this forum. My recommendation would be to read their threads and comments and extract, then apply what pertains to your operation and website. If you have questions, contact them directly. I think you'll find that you won't be treated like sheep, rather with professional respect.

To your success ...

That's very good point you have put that "every one claims to be the best host out their". I'll simply say that one, who is starting website and searching for best and reliable hosting provider, must do some task before choosing any host.

I thik every body slaes pretty much the same stuff, best hosting offers is those we provide 24q7 support + Cpanel with a fully self Independence managment panel

In today's world with technology so advance. Every one is creating there own web site and looking for the best way to expand there business and most important of all, looking for the best reliable hosting solution company. But the most important question is what? Every one claims to be the best host out their. So how to we determine the right hosting company for those that need web hosting? Is it 24/7 support, Affordable prices, data center locations or a web hosting company that is really good at marketing their brand? Which one will you choose?

Do not make the things complicated, make a list of resources which you want and make a list of web hosting companies matching your needs of resources. Go check for reviews, ask on good forum posting websites, confirm with any web hosting user for the same. and you can try out Free web hosting services too for some web hosting support experience with particular web hosting services. You can ask for any recommedations to from your friends, relatives. Do not much focus on big brands. Go for Quality Brands!

Yes 24/7 support as standard is a must, It's handy to have affordable prices but more reasonable pricing structure you don't want to be to cheap, we offer a starter package just to get people with very small sites on the web ladder so to speak.

I don't think it really matters about DC location so much nowadays with fast interconnected fibre links. although it's handy to have a POP in a few locations.

Ultimately I would choose a small established hosting provider, one that offers a personal and friendly service, I feel you get a better service from a smaller provider compared to the big guys

To me what sets any host apart is the hosts availability and reliability..

We live in a society where everyone wants instant satisfaction and gratification.. No one wants to wait 30+ minutes to hear back from a provider nor do they want to pay money for such service..

Its all about personal experience if you like their services. For example they help you in no time and assist you well. When you are comfortable with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting