Excel Spreadsheet

solarishosting

Hello,

Does anyone use an excel spreadsheet for your sales. Do you have some kind of template that you might be able to send over to me.

I want to be able to record all the sales I have on a percentage wise with knowing how much profit i am making

I use Excel to keep track of sales and expenses. However, my business is NOT web hosting, obviously different.

It does the job, even though I keep very primitive methods to keep it running. Literally, I have just 2 columns: Revenue & Expenses and the end of the year I just calculate the ROI of that year. :)

Excel is ok for a small business to keep track of things, but most billing software will do the same job and in a cleaner way. Eventually if your business is starting to grow, you will need to move to a more dedicated accounting software. For a small business, Simply Accounting (now known as Sage 50 I believe) will work good. In fact, anything by Sage is great accounting software but be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it as your business grows. Simply accounting is relatively cheap but their enterprise software can run into the $XXX,XXX of dollars.