FaceBook advertising is it worth it.

GCJHOSTING

I have a facebook page that advertises my web hosting, I noticed a feature saying (Boost your Page for Reach even more people in United Kingdom) ( Boost Page ) Are these products worth paying for ?

I know another guy has another thread with facebook questions but I did not want to hijack it and get told off. :help:

I've always been told no, that you can't sell web hosting via Facebook ads successfully, and I've always bought that at face value, but I don't really know because I haven't tried it. I'm also curious to hear from anyone who has used Facebook ads to advertise their site.

I've always been told no, that you can't sell web hosting via Facebook ads successfully, and I've always bought that at face value, but I don't really know because I haven't tried it. I'm also curious to hear from anyone who has used Facebook ads to advertise their site.
That what I thought, when I was a painter and decorator I was told it was no good. But to be honest I did not have to do that much advertising for that as word of mouth use to keep me going. You always knew if you dropped a few leaflets, you would get work from it.

Last edited:
I have a facebook page that advertises my web hosting, I noticed a feature saying (Boost your Page for Reach even more people in United Kingdom) ( Boost Page ) Are these products worth paying for ?

I know another guy has another thread with facebook questions but I did not want to hijack it and get told off. :help:

To increase the reach of the post, Yes. Hosting business does not generate leads via FB, quite minimal.

We tried it and never had success. Perhaps we didn't let the ads run long enough or we didn't invest enough into it. We just haven't found alot of success in marketing mainstream like that. Niches is where it's at.

Just my two cents.

I would say Facebook paid ads are a good way to generate keyword popularity and make your product viral over the social networking platform. It helps to drive more traffic to make your website popular.

Facebook will do a great deal boosting your brand awareness levels and reputation. This top of mind situation is good for you in the long term. If however you are looking for an easy way to get clients then you will be frustrated with facebook

Facebook will do a great deal boosting your brand awareness levels and reputation. This top of mind situation is good for you in the long term. If however you are looking for an easy way to get clients then you will be frustrated with facebook
Am not going to waste my money on something that does not generate customers. :uhh: I might throw £50 at it and see what happens.

Am not going to waste my money on something that does not generate customers. :uhh: I might throw £50 at it and see what happens.

We I do not think Facebook adverting will get you a lot of sales actually. I highly doubt but after that $50 report back with the findings. Am sure you will have had one or zero sign ups

We I do not think Facebook adverting will get you a lot of sales actually. I highly doubt but after that $50 report back with the findings. Am sure you will have had one or zero sign ups
It would be $74.96 as I said pounds, if you don't think that would touch the edges I will leave it alone. I am wary of what am doing, as I have spent money on advertising before and no sign ups.

Not really, even paid adverts for hosting rather than likes does not work well, it is just expensive !

Not really, even paid adverts for hosting rather than likes does not work well, it is just expensive !

Facebook advertisment is not effective for hosting firms in the short term. The only benefit is that your brand is regularly splashed in the face of facebook users with the hope that may be one day they will remember you LOL

We have tried FB ads in the past and we believe they are not effective. We tried very complicated methods of audience select and targeting. However, returns were almost zero. It was a XXXX $ amount of campaign and we were disappointed. Investing in Google Ads would be much better.

Hi,
From my perspective Facebook ads work but it depends on the business and what you want to achieve. In example if you are running and online shop with local base in one city you could set up a campaign that would be visable only for people near this place. By giving them a discount you could gain new clients.
Cheers,
Adam

We have tried Facebook ads. It gets the post likes, but doesn't result in any transactions.

The reason I said that its only good for creating brand awareness. In the long term that awareness can get you business though. The main problem is that no one looking for a server hits facebook to try and get a good deal. So most of the people your advert shows to are actually not searching for a solution thus they click like and move on.

We have tried Facebook ads. It gets the post likes, but doesn't result in any transactions.

This is interesting, I agree with @cheapdedicated, Facebook isn't going to be the go to place for servers.

Another thing to try would be bundling a website design service of some kind with the hosting and creating a Facebook ad around that.

If you are using this advertisement for selling then not good.But for impression and click It's great.I have used this for 3-4 months.You can use this ads for your website impression as well.

Personally , I agree with everyone else, we have tried it before for a short time, we get few people clicking on it but actually we got no sales out of it. Although It helps alot in giving your brand the exposure it needs but not really on sales part.