Fantastico

siteseer said:
a well named app group. Who has user issues with fantastico?

I love fantastico, as well as alot of other people. I have never had problems with it, and noone i know has had problems with it either.

Some fantastico packages are buggy. I?ve had problems with the ecommerce packages. I think they stop working correctly after some kind of upgrade done by the hosting provider. We could never make them work again. For full reliability, dedi server, manual install, and control of server config :)

I have used both open source direct installs and fantastico.
I notice on some new web packages they are charging per month for joomla and typ3?

can they do that?

much prefer cpskins and so do our clients. Scripts are of more use according to our feedback ....

much prefer cpskins and so do our clients. Scripts are of more use according to our feedback ....

But you have to face it -- people don't want CPSkins, they want Fantastico. More people want brand name. I've always found CPSkins irritating because I got countless tickets asking where the preinstalled scripts were. Everyone knows where Fantastico is because it's in its own unique area.

But you have to face it -- people don't want CPSkins, they want Fantastico. More people want brand name. I've always found CPSkins irritating because I got countless tickets asking where the preinstalled scripts were. Everyone knows where Fantastico is because it's in its own unique area.
not at all - you can easily create a "fantastico" style icon where fantastico usually is.... the only negative comment we have had about cpskins is that it doesnt link to the script creators website in cpanel. ... ..

many people look for fantastico hosts as they think that is what hosts *should* have.

Swings and roundabouts really - but fantastico is facing competition form many companies and really needs to improve.

I've never had any issues with Fantastico. I don't use cpskins because, like cpanel, it has loads of bugs. V3 of Fantastico is supposed to have the extra features cPanel has though.

I use fantastico but sometime i find that some scripts there are buggy and create problme when viewed online

When I first started off I liked fantastico a lot becasue I did not have to do anything to install scripts like php nuke, phpbb, SMF and stuff like that but now a while down the road I never use it becasue I just find it easire and safter to do an install myself, but if you know nothing like I used to it's great.