Fastnext Webhosting Company Review

BobZ

Name and URL of hosting company: Fastnext Hosting (www.fastnext.com)

Hosted URL(s): www.movieshakdown.com ( it is under construction now)

Description of service(s) used: Shared hosting plan ( Fastnext Menu- Starter+WinStarter plan ).

How long have you been using the service(s): 1 year

Detailed review:Fastnext is a reliable Hosting company.I made such decision only after I hosted with them for more than 2 months.
I have bought one of their reseller plans, the price and the resources they offer suit me well. Moreover, the support team resolves any problems which occur quickly and I don't have to wait for their answers for a couple of hours( as I had to do with my previous hosting company).Most of all I liked their new offer called Fastnext Menu - by purchasing this plan you get a Linux Starter and a Windows Starter plan (2 hosting plans) + a free domain. Great offer in my opinion :)

Pros: I should say that they are always promt and give real solutions of the problem within short time periods

Cons: Sometimes their control panel called Multimanager is slow,but this happens very rarely.

Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes

Just curious - the domain you referenced was just created yesterday. Would you share your hosted URL with them on which this review is based? Thanks :)

No, beacon is no longer with them(but I was hosting it for almost a year) ,I have changed it into movieshakdown.com

Not to sound mean but here is there TOS:
FASTNEXT 's general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. FASTNEXT reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate any customer's access to any or all services provided by FASTNEXT when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used. FASTNEXT defines what is inappropriate and reserves the right to immediate action to suspend or cancel any account or access when abuse is affecting other customers, and without warning when needed.

With that statement when a customer gets problem like 20+ GB you will make them upgrade to the next plan and so forth. I am in not saying the company is bad but Those plans are just crazy.

With that statement when a customer gets problem like 20+ GB you will make them upgrade to the next plan and so forth.

The suspension doesn't have nothing in common with the diskspace limits.
They only suspend the account if there are constant overloads from the side of the customer caused by the bad configuration of users' scripts.

They never force to upgrade from one plan to another :)

movieshakdown.com was suspended as the scripts I was using were not allowed by their policy :) I will hire a webdeveloper to reconfigure the scripts.

I agree with cyber cyberworldhost above, but for a different reason. I have actually never seen Terms of Service of a hosting company this tough and this vague at the same time:

FASTNEXT reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate any customer's access to any or all services provided by FASTNEXT when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used. FASTNEXT defines what is inappropriate and reserves the right to immediate action to suspend or cancel any account or access when abuse is affecting other customers, and without warning when needed.
The word "inappropriate" is one of the worst words to use as it does not give a clear definition - it might relate to website content and/or it might also relate to high CPU usage your site is causing. Fact is, its up to FastNext to place any kind of definition to it. If you run a political pro-Obama blog, it might appear inappropriate to the owner of a web hosting company if he/she is a member of a republican party. And according to TOS, FastNext can terminate your account without notice for this.

The word "inappropriate" is one of the worst words to use as it does not give a clear definition - it might relate to website content and/or it might also relate to high CPU usage your site is causing. .

What other word you can suggest to be used there ? Illegal usage? or misuse? What will be the best fit in that place? Just curious to know nothing serious. :)

Inappropriate can also be flexible is it not ?

The word "inappropriate" is one of the worst words to use as it does not give a clear definition - it might relate to website content and/or it might also relate to high CPU usage your site is causing. .

In my opinion by the word "inappropriate" they meant all the sections mentioned below in the outline of Specific Acceptable Use Policies :D

What other word you can suggest to be used there ? Illegal usage? or misuse? What will be the best fit in that place? Just curious to know nothing serious. :)

Inappropriate can also be flexible is it not ?

Any that your suggested are better fit in my view. However, its not in what word is used, but how they define this word. And they define it this way: "FASTNEXT defines what is inappropriate". In other words, FastNext decides what's good and bad for them, at their own discretion and at any time. And sometimes, you don't even get a note to correct it.

The points described further in the TOS do not necessary define this particular clause. They don't say "here is what we mean by inappropriate". They just inform you that there are inappropriate things which they will decide on themselves.

movieshakdown.com was suspended as the scripts I was using were not allowed by their policy :) I will hire a webdeveloper to reconfigure the scripts.
I must have missed it - did this site ever go live? The domain was created on the 10th - today is only the 13th. :confused:

movieshakdown.com was under construction, then I started developing the scripts for this domain and it lead to a serevr overload.Thus, the domain was suspended.