[For Hire] Experienced Technical & Business Man (Recession Special!)

CrazyTech

Howdy Folks,

I just completed my Bachelor's Degree in English at the University of South Carolina with a minor in Business Administration. Unique, I know, but that is what you get when you hire Denver Hunter. I have the reason of someone with a strong humanities background welded to the logic of a technical mind.

I am in search of a full-time position with a W-2(contract or in-house). I am tired of dealing with the 1099 payment schemes and quarterly estimated taxes, and I am looking to settle down somewhere.

For just a brief overview of my background, I've been involved in the hosting industry for about 6 years now. I've literally grown up around the industry, running my own companies and doing work as a student. I've worked technical support for small and medium-sized hosting firms for the past two years consistently while finishing up as a full time college student. You can see my exact path in my resume (which I will be happy to provide), as I have worked with some respectable companies.

I am no stranger to telecommuting and no stranger to helpdesks, livechats, or telephone calls. I can navigate pretty well around the command line, and I know cPanel, DirectAdmin, and Plesk amongst many other technologies. I am currently working on my programming ability by teaching myself Java. I've worked in environments where I work on and solve level 1-3 support issues, and I do have server administration experience that should qualify me for a Junior System Admin. position. That's a very cursory overview of my technical skills, and I will be more than happy to go over them in a more formal interview or discussion.

Unlike most of the technically-inclined, I have a strong background in Customer Service as well. My latest position placed me under one of the best in the industry (he will be a reference for me as well) and I've been in the position of using my English skill to do everything from write KB/QA articles to inside reports to writing company blog posts to composing press releases. I am very well read and often read Customer Sevice books, signifying my commitment to this arena as well as the technical aspects.

I would like to find a CSR/TSR role (including potentially managerial) to flourish. I thrive in small-to-medium-sized business environments and I wear many hats; it's just another day at work for me to do this. I am looking, again, for a full time position. I'm looking for a wage/salary and not a per-ticket basis. I want stability (insomuch as is possible) and I want somewhere that I can both grow and progress.

I will be happy to provide additional information including my resume, references, or any other information. I am a US citizen with a BA in English. I am full of energy, dedicated, and most importantly ready to work. Going above is not a praise for me, it is a motto.

I can be reached here at Hosting Discussion, or you can email me at denver [at] higherpurposes.com -- just treat it as a traditional email address.

Thanks for your time!

Fingers crossed for you! We're hiring local here in Omaha, Nebraska if you ever decide to move to the middle of the country ;) Pay and cost of living is something that needs to be seriously checked into especially if you're looking at re-locating.

I know that HostGator is always hiring too, and they offer a relocation bonus if I remember right.

Fingers Crossed that you find the right matchup!!

Fingers crossed for you! We're hiring local here in Omaha, Nebraska if you ever decide to move to the middle of the country ;) Pay and cost of living is something that needs to be seriously checked into especially if you're looking at re-locating.

I know that HostGator is always hiring too, and they offer a relocation bonus if I remember right.

Fingers Crossed that you find the right matchup!!

Host Gator is always hiring indeed! As far as relocation, they have it set on specific job areas, with techs being an area that they relocate for. Don't shoot the messenger, this is just what I remember from earlier this year.