[For Hire] Part Time Level I/II Position Wanted :: Experienced Tech Support Guy!

CrazyTech

Greetings!

I'm currently in search of a Level I/II support position. I am willing to look at a per-ticket basis for payment, but I would much prefer a wage of about $8-$10/hr. I'd like to make around $700-$800/month. I'm not looking to sell myself short for $100-$200 month jobs, so please don't waste your time, or mine. It would be best if the job were part-time at about ~20 hours that I could work during the week around my college schedule. School comes first, but I am a hard working college student that will be loyal to an employer that deserves it. I realize what a blessing it is to work from home in an industry that I know and love. I'm looking for an employer that I can stay with for at least a year, but a longer time position is not out of the question at all. In fact, I'd love to be able to work as a System Admin. or Level III position when the time comes.

I'm experienced, wanting to work, and I know what it takes to maintain a happy client and a happy company. I've worked in the hosting industry for over four years now including about 8 months for two mid-sized hosting businesses. Any of my previous bosses will tell you that I work hard and do receive compliments from the clients. I can make sales, and I can handle sticky situations. I have been in a position where I was the most senior tech on duty in a dicey situation. I've completed a few web design jobs along the way, as well.

On to the bullets:

Qualifications
• Four+ years hosting industry experience
• Experience as an owner and co-owner of web hosting business.
• Motivated for working with clients and solving their problems.
• People person with patience.
• Currently working on English degree with minor in Business Administration.

Relevant Skills
• Served as owner of Crazy Technology and handled technical support, sales, and billing duties.
• Sales and Support duties at Nukehelpers Hosting.
• Served as technical support and limited server administration work at FastEZ Hosting. Remained in contact with server admin. and solved simpler issues such as restarting services. Also performed sales and billing duties.
• Served as sales manager at The Realms Networks. Handled basic support issues.
• Serving as CEO of Higher Purposes LLC. Performed sales, billing, and support duties. This includes basic server administration.
• Worked with cPanel and DirectAdmin alongside Red Hat, CentOS, and Fedora Core 5.

Employment History
2006-present Higher Purposes LLC CEO

September 2004 - December 2004 The Realms Networks

March 2004 - September 2004 Nukehelpers

August 2003 - March 2004 FastEZ Hosting

January 2003 - August 2003 Crazy Technology

June 2007 - December 2007 Defender Hosting/PowerVPS Tier II Technician.

December 2007 - Current Employed at a VPS provider.

* I currently run my own webhost as well, I've been in business since June of 2006.

Education
Graduated #11 from Camden High School (top 5%).

Junior at the University of South Carolina for a degree in English and a minor in Business Administration. 3.44 GPA.

I know my way around Linux fairly well, have some Windows experience as well with basic issues. I learn on my feet and I'm not afraid to ask questions when I need help. Very familiar with cPanel and I've worked with multiple helpdesks. I have worked fairly extensively with Plesk and DirectAdmin as well. On top of that, I am currently learning Interworx and I have experience with Webmin.

I'm looking to start ASAP. I have the technical ability as well as the unique position of being an English major with excellent communication skills. Communication with the client is a strong point because I know the terms, but I also can manipulate our beautiful language to explain complex problems to the average person. I'm not afraid to go above and beyond, but again I'm looking for the right employer.

I've had a real issue with getting paid on time in the past. I've worked as a 1099 contractor in the past and have suffered through waiting days just to receive a payment. I'd really like to find a position where I am employed versus contracted, but that's not a huge sticking point.

I'm available if you need to ask any questions or need anything else.

Thank you kindly for your time!