Fraud?

CMTHosting

Hi guys,

Haven’t posted in a while been busy over the past month. I'd just like to know what the best way to do a Fraud check is.
Apart from my clients receiving an instant phone call, once ordered with CMTHosting that's all, then I activate the account(s).

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Christopher Thompson

Check to make sure the IP matches the address given.
Google the phone number and make sure the area code is the same as the address given.
We usually google the email address as well to see if there have been any issues with it in the past.

A good prevention method I use is, check the geographical location where the order was placed in comparison to the address given. This usually works fairly well.

The very first check to do is to match the IP with the geographical location.
And then match the geographical location with the address in the payment instrument. :thumbsup:

CMTHosting said:
Apart from my clients receiving an instant phone call, once ordered with CMTHosting that's all, then I activate the account(s).

May I know, what is the problem in calling the customer, apart from the charges of long distance international calls ?

My view is that a call is best, fast and reliable way to verify customers. It also gives a personal touch to your clients.

We've developed a php script called EPro which would detect in a Red Highlight if:

. The IP address does not match the address given
. The Area Code of the phone number is in the same location of the address
. If the customer has reports on him/her on SpamHaus.org

One day when I have time; I need to update the Spam part of the script.

Calling is the best method.

But I have question, assuming a person with a stolen credit card subscribe for your service. He may be able to enter the stolen credit card and personal information with his own phone number. When we make a phone call to that number, he is able to tell us that he is actually the subscriber.

The down side is that we can track and trace down to this person easily with the phone number given to us.

Is calling able to determine the credit card corresponded to which phone number?

It depends.

You could try and contact the CC Issuer and verify the phone number given against the phone number on file for the billing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting