Free Hosting With Ad Banners

jmatos

I have to admit that I have built a few sites in my old life on some free hosting sites. They were fairly decent sites. In your professional opinion, what do consumers think about free hosting vs. Paid hosting? Does it hurt your business rating? Do you think your customer even cares what type of hosting your business site is through?

I would say it depends what type of business you are in, and what you are selling. What do you think?

Free hosting will often have pesky ads on it, almost marking it as being hosted for free. In a way, there should be no issue with free hosting. Plenty of us use gmail email accounts that come free, and there's no shame in it. :)

Do you think your customer even cares what type of hosting your business site is through?
This depends on your customer base - generally speaking though, my perception is absolutely YES, they do care. Clients are so much more hosting literate than they used to be.

re:

Hi

The thing, which I don't understand why should anyone opt free hosting services when the monthly cost of shared hosting account is almost cheaper than daily foods. I mean, my daily expenses on smoking is greater than shared plan. Anyway, the only thing I can say about free hosting is, use it on your own risk

There is no requirement for a free hosting provider to stay in business, they can just shut down at any time. If your site is important to you, I strongly believe it is worth investing a few dollars a month into it

Free hosting is a method is generating traffic of sort to a site, how do you think those giving it away gets it, they paid for it, so you always get what you paid for ..

You can not compare Free Hosting with Paid hosting. Free one is not reliable at all. It can be down any time with no support or guarantee.
So, if you look to start a business seriously, always go for Paid hosting.

Because "You get what you pay for".

You can not compare Free Hosting with Paid hosting. Free one is not reliable at all. It can be down any time with no support or guarantee.
So, if you look to start a business seriously, always go for Paid hosting.

Because "You get what you pay for".

I agree. I am not all together against a free trial so that a customer can test the waters...then it reverts to a paid plan. This may be something I will incorporate in the future. A 45 day trial period on a free plan that is then reverted to a paid plan. Not sure but it could be an option and a selling point.

The thing, which I don't understand why should anyone opt free hosting services when the monthly cost of shared hosting account is almost cheaper than daily foods

That is true for a part of the world's population. The other part is often lucky to have access to the Internet, and paying for hosting would be a significant expense, rather than cheap change, in part because wages there are quite low, and in part because exchange rates severely undervalue the local currency.

Last edited:
free hosting provider will not give you proper technical support, and even it will shut down the website your website anytime. Many such provider have free hosting but its sometime worthless to depends on then, if your site takes that much importance to your business then spend some money to gave good business from paid hosting provider.

There are lot of people or website owners that opt for free hosting service. There is no problem in it, as long as you don't have any problem with the ads that pop up. These ads have no affect on the site ranking directly. It just slows down the site, which in turn is a criteria for PR.

That is why today paid hosting is preferred.

Read the terms of service of the free webhosting company , probably many of them are drafted without a security for its members , if you came across a good one that assures about your site and its data you are lucky.

Most of people are not getting free hosting just becouse of this Name "free" whenever they do not have to invest any one Cent.

What about Post-to-host sites? Your basically paying for your site by posting on their forums. They don't put ads on your site and only use ads on the forums so that is where their money comes from. I've never had any problems with a post-to-host before. In my opinion their better than regular free hosting providers.

What do you guys think about that?

I have come to the conclusion that Free Hosting is great if you want to test run a site, or have a new venture with a shoe string budget. I have to admit as of the middle of this week, I am working with some advertisers to start offering the concept, on a different server than my paid hosting. I think I could make a little money from the advertising. and perhaps build some potential clients. I have designed a site and the concept is under way, we will see what happens.

hi
Most people use paid hosting because this company you buy hosting he provides best support and well services and you use his well method and free hosting you use not good method and the company provide not well support.

free hosting provider will not give you proper technical support, and even it will shut down the website your website anytime.

<MOD NOTE: Signatures must be added through user profile.>

Some free hosting does not force Ads on your sites. But if you're running a business site then free hosting is definitely not suitable, they will simply shutdown your website if the traffic is high.