Free photographs??

I need some pictures of people in a pool. Like high quality digital pictures. I know there are places out there like istockphoto.com and other sites like that, which require you to pay $50 for a damn photo. Are there any free sites you know of?

Vovex Technology said:
Still no ideas? I guess I will keep searching

Jon,

It's true, finding quality photographs for zilch is almost non existent. If you'd rather not spend the money, I would suggest taking your camera (or getting a disposable one), creating the scene your looking for; in this case people having a grand time at/near the pool. In fact, you can probably ask your client to take some for you from their clients (be safe and ask for a release of said pictures) or take them yourself. Get the film processed and ask for a CD and your all set.

Now, some will argue that you should just take the snaps from a digital camera, cutting out the middle man. But my personal experience is that a standard 35mm picture when processed through the big boys equipment far supercedes the dig. cameras quality. Hey, I had two of them and ended up selling them..

That's what I have been doing for the longest.

my $.02. ;)

Ah a discousion of photography. I feel that I may be of help.

First of all a digital camera probably won't give you good enough quality, unless you have some pretty awesome stuff (like a Nikon D70) which I guess you don't. Get a good quality 35mm point and shoot camera (you can get some very good ones for under $100) and load it with some film. Make sure you don't buy some cheap supermarket film as they will not give the same quality. I recommend Fuji Velvia with an ISO value of 100-200 (but ask the guy at the store if you are unsure). The lower the ISO value is the less grain the picture has (grain is refered to as "noise" in the digital world). Then the next step is getting the film developed. Some people think that it does not matter where you get it done. Well it does. Do not use places like Boots for important photos. You need to use a well respected prolab. They cost more but you can't get the same quality from Boots. Then look at your pictures. Select the ones you want and take the negatives back to the prolab. Tell them you want them scanned at the highest possible quality and burnt on cd. You now have images with excellent quality, but remember, in the end, it's still the photographer who takes the pictures, not the camera.

P.S. I appologize for all the spelling mistakes but there is something wrong with Microsoft Word on the computer I'm using so I can't get it checked.