Frontpage or Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver

I prefere DW because Frontpage produces HTML code which is not that nice :) not really thin code, to much not really needed code.

I feel both have there own importance ..if someone is very new to designing and just wants to built simple pages he will prefer FP.

Someone got good designing skills he will prefer DW.

dreamweaver is for designers in my opinion whereas front page is for your average joe who wants to make a half decent website. I personally use Smultron (although not WYSIWYG). Dreamweaver is also excellent for coding PHP I find.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that FrontPage is no longer in existence.
Expression Web is the new generation of MS web page publishing and it is well worth a look.

My vote goes to Dreamweaver because there are many features to be listed.
First, the clear differentiation between code design and split is the best feature I liked in that.
It makes most of my work simple and you dont need an excellent coding knowledge to work with Dreamweaver. It is the most used by all web designers.

I vote for Dreamweaver.

Have been using it for a long time, and will continue to use it. Its user interference is very easy to learn, and I beleive it is the perfect Web Developer Tool.

Add another DW fan here for a multitude of reasons:

1) When I first started design work DreamWeaver was quite a bit beyond FrontPage and as such I have stuck with it throughout these years.
2) Great extension support in DW makes it a breeze to extend funcitonality.
3) Integration with Adobe Bridge makes life easier as well.
4) The integration of the Spry framework is too much fun to pass up.

The list could go on and on.

Now you've made me feel old ;) I'll just have a quick look and give a review in a few days time.