Frontpage Over Dreamweaver

inuyashateen113

Ok how many of you build your website in frontpage 2003???? I am building mine and all and i just i want to make sure i can understand since i am hopefully going to be a mod on this forum...

Hand-coding or CMS is all I've done for ages.

If you're going ot use F****page, at least use 2004, it competes more closely with DreamWeaver.

-- HW

yea dreamweaver is better. I do my tables and crap in dreamweaver than do all my text and css formatting in notepad.

i think that they are both great in certain ways but i perfer frontpage when it comes to simply designing the webpage, but when you go into detail and start to code, dreamweaver is a little better although it is tickyer then front page i say that you should use dreamweaver if you are going to do strictly code

inuyashateen113 said:
probably not my friend just gave me a site and i typed it in and it started downloading so lol...

If you plan to moderate this forum, I wouldn't promote the use of pirated software. ;)

I prefer both. I primarily use Dreamweaver if I'm in a hurry, but if I want to offer something for a client that uses FP, I tend to use FP for compatability reasons. Dreamweaver has a habit of slaughtering PHP code at times though.

Woe to all who use Frontpage. That thing is a scourge on this earth. :cool:

Take it from someone who runs a web design company as well as a hosting company - Dreamweaver does a better job of following standards, being cross-compatible, etc. and will in the long run be better for you.

Plus, FP is built by SPECIFICALLY for Internet Explorer - which should give you a tipoff by itself that it's an inferior product :p Just do yourself a favor and check your designs/pages in Firefox and Safari before publishing them to the world. FP doesn't really care about standards and your pages can look REALLY nasty in a non-M$ browser.

But to be fair - FP is easier for a novice to pick up and use.

I dislike both, frontpage produces very bad untidy code and dreamweaver makes things far too complicated. I'm still learning html/css but I prefer using notepad, you have complete control over the code and bugs are easy to spot! :)

robson said:
I prefer using notepad, you have complete control over the code and bugs are easy to spot! :)
That's one thing I LIKE about DW - you can have a split view - code on top, wysiwyg on the bottom - and you even get a code checker and formatter so you don't accidentally have a dangling <font> tag not closed or something.

One of my programmers always makes fun of me for using anything at ALL - he says that REAL men use notepad :p

I agree with Cats! DreamWeaver is the better tool! FrontPage annoys me greatly, too. I never recommend FrontPage. It has so much erroneous code in every page. It aggravates me beyond words. Notepad does just fine in most instances.

So, DreamWeaver girl here.
Susan