FrozenMidnight - good host?

welbis

Hey.

I'm just writing to share some thumbs up on www.frozenmidnighthosting.com, who seem fully capable of hosting anything (legal) you want for a very reasonable price.

I've had a one-time fee account for just under a year now and I can seriously recommend them. (and no, i'm not on their staff). I've been through about 20 hosts in the past, both free and paid. These guys seriously do win hands down so I'm just sharing what I've found in case it helps those of you who are still struggling with flaky hosts.

They offer one time fee, shared, reseller and custom plans and even guarantee response to support tickets within 5 hours (but in my experience its usually within 1). They also guarantee 99% uptime with compensation in the form of space/bandwidth if they don't achieve it (http://www.frozenmidnighthosting.com...opic.php?t=301)
The specs of their plans are on the website www.frozenmidnighthosting.com - so i won't repeat them here.

All accounts have Cpanel 10 (or xp if you like), as many scripts on fantastico as you can shake a stick at and a plethora of features. I currently have a reseller with 23gb space and 77gb bandwidth complete with WHM. My domain is www.jesusfreaks.org.uk

The truth is, as you can see from the specs of what I have with them, I could be advertising myself and trying to earn some money. I'm not because i've not yet designed the website, and I don't have staff or expertise to get close to these guys.

Take it or leave it, but i recommend them. Has anyone else experienced them?

Cheers!
In Christ
Simeon

welbis, thank you for your review, but I hope you can answer a few questions.

1. On their web site, it states "1999-2006 Frozen Midnight, Inc."
Their domain tells a different story:
Domain Name: FROZENMIDNIGHTHOSTING.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS2.FROZENMIDNIGHTSERVERS.COM
Name Server: NS1.FROZENMIDNIGHTSERVERS.COM
Updated Date: 17-dec-2005
Creation Date: 20-dec-2004
Expiration Date: 20-dec-2006

2. Can you name the 20 hosting companies you've been through?

3. The nature of your posted broken link: "http://www.frozenmidnighthosting.com...opic.php?t=301" suggests you've been posting the same message on other forums. Why?

4. Your domain name nameservers point to:
Name servers:
ns1.influxserver3.com
ns2.influxserver3.com

Could you address those to verify the validity of your review.

In Simeon's defense, and this is not an endorsement, I have seen positive reviews about this host by him before as far back as mid-2005.

I have nothing against good reviews. In fact, I would rather see more good reviews than bad. But my experienced eye tells me to verify the validity of this particular one. :D

Hey...

1) The domain i gave you is 1 of 6. They've just merged with a design company. The original domain is www.frozenmidnight.com as far as i know.

I can only vouch for them from mid/early 2005.

Quote:
Domain Name: FROZENMIDNIGHTHOSTING.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS2.FROZENMIDNIGHTSERVERS.COM
Name Server: NS1.FROZENMIDNIGHTSERVERS.COM
Updated Date: 17-dec-2005
Creation Date: 20-dec-2004
Expiration Date: 20-dec-2006

2. The majority of the hosting companies i've been through were free. These include: host.sk when they were free, matrixweb, polarhome, netfirms, brinkster, hostmatrix, 101sitehosting, host.ru, bravenet, my isp (virgin.net), hostultra, namek.co.uk, x10hosting. Some were forum based - such as freehostingpartner, hey.nu, etc. I first outlayed money to sifen7.com - they offered me a cheap 1 time fee account which i use as backup - i switched away because they stopped allowing me to host a domain which i purchased after i bought them. I moved to freenukehosting - a post for host service which offered great things but didn't deliver - 3 times they deleted my account as they were a new company and inexperienced. I've also paid for 1dollar-host - they provided a great service that cost me next to nothing. The downtime was fine and I was with them for about 4 months. I got my account with FMH long enough before it was due to renew it so that I didn't have to part with them if FMH didn't work out. They did so i'm no longer with 1dollar-host.

Some of the companies no doubt have died out - but thats surely a comprehensive enough list. I've been moving from host to host for about hte last 4 years - since i started hosting a CS clan website.

3. Thanks for pointing that broken link out. Yeah I did post it on another forum and then stumbled accross this one too.

4. My domain was registered free with my hosting package. I guess it's up to them what nameservers they use.

Cya

Last edited:
Really really sorry to post twice - I guess it's ok because theres no post above it so it's not bumping I don't think. the 30 minute edit limit expired :/

Firstly... The host list isn't exhaustive - i've been shopping hosts for about 4 years since i first had a clan website. I appreciate most were free - I'm a student and have never had the capital to pay for paid consistently. They did give good service, though the support at FMH is definitely better than the other paid ones. Also, i misstyped one paid host - I meant http://www.1dollar-hosting.com/ rather than 1dollar-host (i had their relax-tap - good deal, but not as big space as FMH) .

Secondly (and why i'm posting)... the broken link should point to... http://www.frozenmidnighthosting.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=301

- hmmm, it shortens it here...

Also, sorry for the whois stuff in the post above - forgot to delete it when i copied the questions! And incase your wondering how I had a domain before i registered one free with FMH my first domain was www.jesus-freaks.co.uk - they both point to the same place now though - or rather, I host it on my reseller and point it to my forum)

Any more q's?

Last edited:
Good enough for me. :)
I am really glad that you found a host that gives you such a pleasant experience. I wish more were like that.

Best,

I wouldn't agree

I have been with FMH for about a year, true they are reliable for a week or two, but not for more than that. I bought a reseller account thinking great its cheap and I get a whole lota free stuff.

It has been a complete waste of money their servers are slow, constantly hacked and like to crash a lot. They have no system of customer service, they take weeks to remove autosending emails (how hard is that??) they can take a few days to a few weeks to respond or never respond in some cases. They constanstly lie.

Oh and I believe most of the company is a sham, which is what I came to the conclusion of. Funny that a company with so many phone numbers and not one of them will ever get you through to someone, bit odd? Espeically when its in the middle of the day as well? Even when you're talking to one of them online on msn at the same time? Very confusing. Perhaps they only like to type.

My belief its a one man crew named Jamie, he doesn't really know whats going on and has is just a reseller for someone else.

Yes the plans are too good to be true, they aren't anything what they seem.

I have been with them for quite a while now and I am only with them now because I am on one of those "pay once" plans.

Don't ever prepay for anything they give, and all of the specials they give are just plain crap.

The only thing I can say positive about them, is that it has been a good expierence, now hopefully I can dodge the crap a little easier.

I really wish i could be as positive as welbis about them, but I just can't. I hope others have better luck.

buddog, sorry to hear your experience was far from good. May we know a domain that you have/had with them?

Hey, my friend set us up with Frozenmidnight a while ago. He was going on about great deals and stuff, and it certainly was-- one-time fee of $30, and then $8 a year for hosting, or something. Anyways, the customer service in particular seemed really good... there was this guy, "Jamie", who was always online and fixed our minor problems within minutes of us messaging him. Everything was swell for about a year.

Our site went down MONTHS ago and hasn't been up since. The domain shows up as expired. Now the frozenmidnight.com website is down. I went searching for it on Google, and found this page... and the fact that a post in this thread just happens to contain the word "Jamie" is like a kick to the nuts (since he's the only person from Frozenmidnight we've ever dealt with). It seems pretty definitive that Jamie is the only person involved with the "company", especially since my friend was calling all "their" toll-free numbers right after our site went down, and getting no response from any of "them".

So yeah... don't use this host. Whatever you do. :p Huge sham.

So what is the result of your Google search? Has the company just seized to exist? What's the latest? How many customers did they have?

The result of the search was pretty much just the frozenmidnight home page (which was down, being the reason I did the search in the first place) and this thread.

Since their site is down, I have no idea what has happened to the company; they may be doing website renovations, or maybe Jamie's just made off with his customers' money. I have no way of knowing, since the toll-free numbers have never worked, and Jamie is never online anymore (according to my friend).

The bottom line is that whatever the case, it's been like 4 months of downtime, with next to no feedback. We'd had a support ticket going for a while, but we got no answers and eventually F.M. just deleted the ticket, as well as any new ones we tried to open. This is not something you want to deal with. :p

I'm not sure, it's my friend who's dealing with that stuff. I pretty much was the source of content, and he paid the bills and such. :D

Idunno, man... when this is all resolved I'll come and post here what happened.

Sorry i should of posted my domain earlier.. but i was worried that i would have more harrasement if i did..

my domain was www.followingparis.com best thing about it is that you'll notice its not up! thats because I prepaid for 3 domains at a fair price, not the best but i thought i'd give them the extra business because the hosting was only down every 2nd week..

I only wanted to use one domain at the time and the deal was I could use the other two later. Although there was never any condition that I had to use it within 1 yr of purchasing it, I did infact do try to register the other two within the one year on my followingparis.com, so that it would be re-registered for 2 years.

But alas, FMH are wankers and decided they won't redoit.

So you get ****ty hosting, and you don't even get your domains you pay for. What a great hosting company!