godaddy backordering

Harry

I just had a question for anyone who's done backordering with godaddy? Is there a difference in backordering the domain earlier and then winning it within the auction, or can you let it go into the auction and backorder it then?

I hope that's clear? Basically this domain I'm interested in is with godaddy right now and expired a few weeks ago. Now it will probably go through the godaddy auction process and if not grabbed there, then will be deleted. So I'm wondering which way is the best to grab it? Buy backordering it now, so when it goes into auction, I'll start off the higher bid or is it possible to have the domain go into auctioning and place a godaddy backorder then?

I have had pretty good luck just back ordering domains. If you really want the domain, I guess it would be best to do both. If someone is bidding on it, you will have a chance to out bid them for it.

So say I don't back order now.. and in 30 days it goes to the godaddy (tdnam) auction and I backorder it THEN... does it still allow me to backorder, even though it's in the auction?

I have always found that people put domains on auctions for outrageous prices that would deter anyone from buying it. Chances are if the domain is put on for an extremely high price no one will want to buy it so you may as well wait until it has expired and then buy it.

HHS-Rob said:
I have always found that people put domains on auctions for outrageous prices that would deter anyone from buying it. Chances are if the domain is put on for an extremely high price no one will want to buy it so you may as well wait until it has expired and then buy it.
I agree... there are "some what" similar domains I found on tdnam. However, the prices for them are INSANE! Some people want 200-1000 for a domain name and they are .org extentions. Personally it's a waste of a domain and their time, especially if by the end of the date NO ONE buys it.

As for the domain I'm looking at, I haven't decided if I should backorder it now, or wait till godaddy takes it out of grace period. I don't want to backorder it at the moment, because if the owner decided to renew (small chance), then I'll have paid for a backorder for nothing.

You are talking og blackordering here. But I personaly never heard before of that. What is blackordering? And why this term is used with Godaddy?

tarsick said:
You are talking og blackordering here. But I personaly never heard before of that. What is blackordering? And why this term is used with Godaddy?
I think you've confused yourself :p it's not called "blackordering" but rather "backordering" and the word itself is self explanitory :D

Everyone uses that word and knows what it means. It's basically putting a order on a domain, which is set to expire soon. So you "backorder" it ahead of time to increase your chances of succesfully aquiring it.

I still haven't backordered it and might wait a bit. I believe it's still ing race period.

BonsaiRack said:
I never had luck with backordering, but I guess your strategy is good if you do both. I would have to try.
Well the domain I'm interested in isn't too big. I have a feeling no one will be going after it and it's a .net too, so the chances are lower. The .com was renewed this month and ironically the .org and .info are being sold on tdnam too :D There both going around for $200 each. Hopefully I get lucky and get the domain, since I have future plans ready for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123