Godaddy backordering

chrisj

Has anyone used Godaddy's backordering service? There's a domain dropping in a couple of weeks time which I've got my eye on. Its quite a niche domain, but still quite a valuable one. I've never used 'backordering' services before though and am quite reluctant to pay for something that might not get me the domain. Thoughts? I've looked at some other services as well but they are quite expensive

I have heard of people using this, and its pretty much worthless, unless its a domain name that isn't that special. GoDaddy offers the backorder service on almost every website I have ever searched on there. So, just for fun, I typed in google, and it asked me if I wanted to backorder it. I don't believe in it, but hey it may be worth a try as sady92 said.

That is crazy. I don't believe Go Daddy thought that Google might sell the domain name. I have never used the service myself. I always register new domain names instead of purchasing the existing ones.

I think it would be a waste of time, if it is such a good domain it most likely will be renewed as per.

The odds of you actually getting that domain are not good, but hey, lots of people play the lottery every day and some actually do win. :)

You may get the domain and may not. But if you can actually purchase the domain, most possibly you would end up paying more than the real value of the domain.