godaddy.com

Thanks for the tip on Go Daddy. I'm hoping to buy my own dot com and find a good hosting deal to go along with it. I am just now figuring out what all this means. I started out using yahoo as my first website building experience, wow, I've come a long way since then. (i think)

has any one used them to register there site with? any reviews for me I was thinking of using them?

Yes I have and currently use them, along with many other registrars. GoDaddy is like a rollercoaster, they have their good times and their bad times like any other thing in this world.

I would recommend using them to register .com?s and nothing else.

Thanks for the tip on Go Daddy. I'm hoping to buy my own dot com and find a good hosting deal to go along with it. I am just now figuring out what all this means. I started out using yahoo as my first website building experience, wow, I've come a long way since then. (i think)

If you don?t have enough money, then you can always participate in contests that give away free domains for maximum amount of posts or most referrals or something to that effect.
I get web hosting for $1 for 1 GIGABYTE of space and more then enough bandwidth; so just look around for the best deal that suites your needs.

Going from a free web builder, like Yahoo or Freewebs, to a TLD and paid hosting is a BIG step. Most, but not all, start their web building on these free hosts then start to go to bigger and better things that cost money.

about the same as most. They offer all the standard features.

They do offer all the standard features, but they also offer some of their own.
Below you will find a screenshot of the different features you have for your domain(s).

[img=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4992/godaddyrm1.th.png]

I have also heard that GoDaddy offers the cheapest hosting package.

How much is that?

As I stated above, I get hosting for $1 a GIGABYTE and that is considerably less then GoDaddy?s hosting packages.
As you go with bigger companies, they are more likely to get less and less friendly; that is just the common way business?s go, but this does not include all business?s.
If you are just starting out, I would go with a smaller company that has been around for a while that offers all that you need and good customer service.

A few of the Websites that I have designed are hosted with GoDaddy, and I have been pleased. The control panel can be a bit cumbersome, but they're currently developing a new one, so that should be fixed soon. Uptime is great, I think you'll be pleased. :)

Okay thanks for the insight. I have been checking around for some specials, I'm not too keen on contests because I'm not really that good at any particular thing.