Google indexing?

classact

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes. Has anyone else noticed that it is taking Google a lot longer to index sites? Is it just my imagination? I knew that it only took hours, maximum one day but I have had a site up for 3 or 4 days now and no luck.

May be stupid question - but have you "added" site to google using its tool for it? You can post sitemap in xml format as well. As for google itself they was testing new caffeine engine lately, so maybe theyre currently switching to it.

I was under the impression that the testing phase for caffeine was over, as their link is no longer active.

It could be this for large sites but very active sections they might try to update. Its probably part of there algorithm.

I don't think that Google slow down the indexing, There might be some problem with your website, check for GWT account of your website.

Blog posts and new pages posted on our sites are indexed in less than 10 minutes :) Even the indexing here on the HD Forums are pretty quick.

There's a big difference between an established site getting a return visit with active content, and then an established site with changes happening only every few weeks (or months) and a HUGE difference if they've never been indexed before.

A few hours is a good turn around, a week is about normal for many sites, and definitely longer if it's a brand new site/domain.

As suggested, setup a google XML sitemap, activate through Google Webmaster and you'll see results.

I will suggest you submit article to article submission or social bookmarking.This is one of the fastest way to get indexed on Google.

Blog posts and new pages posted on our sites are indexed in less than 10 minutes :) Even the indexing here on the HD Forums are pretty quick.

There's a big difference between an established site getting a return visit with active content, and then an established site with changes happening only every few weeks (or months) and a HUGE difference if they've never been indexed before.

A few hours is a good turn around, a week is about normal for many sites, and definitely longer if it's a brand new site/domain.

As suggested, setup a google XML sitemap, activate through Google Webmaster and you'll see results.
I'm seeing the same here. It's actually impressive that new pages and posts are indexed so quickly. I have Google Alerts and Trackle set up, and it only takes minutes to see results.

usually for blogs, i found that it takes around 1 hour to be indexed.
maybe ur site is very popular, thats y it is indexed so fast...

Google likes seeing links pointing at websites because even if your site contains hundreds of posts and content pages but still lacks some strong link building packages, how would you expect Google coming to your homepage and crawling its all pages. Google will evaluate the significance of the websites according to their link popularity online and the more links plus fresh content pages the faster Googlebot would visit sites.

I've noticed this, I've submitted my site to google around 4-5 days ago and its still not indexed. Its a new domain so that might be the case, but before my submitted links would take around a day or two.

I'm seeing the same here. It's actually impressive that new pages and posts are indexed so quickly. I have Google Alerts and Trackle set up, and it only takes minutes to see results.

Same here it is quite the impressive tool. Although my friend owns another company that sells bodybuilding products and it took a few weeks to get his products on.

I didn't realize that indexing happened so quickly to begin with. Indexing is one of the other things that I need to do a bit more studying on obviously.