Google no longer existing?

Westpoint

If for any reasons Google closed its search engine service, where would you expect most traffic to your website from? Yahoo and Bing are too far behind Google now, so they are not really a good alternatives?

Yahoo and Bing are not as far behind as you think. Bing is quickly gaining market share of searches.

As for Google shutting down - I think you're pretty safe to assume that it's not going to happen in the next 2 years, and I doubt you could see it in the next 5 or 10 years unless the internet drastically changed. Google power is pretty amazing when doing searches, and since they have their hands in so many other pots, it's not even worth contemplating their non-existence.

Who said the Google will close their Google SE service it's impossible only if the company is broke and can't continue their business. Also remember that Google isn't the first search engine invented before google there was many SE

and now we have:

Ask.com
Bing.com
Yahoo.com
Yandex.com
lycos.com
Baidu

It's true that Google Network is much bigger than others but Bing.com & Yahoo.com said by 2015 they'll be at the top according to their strategy

Also Google has a major investor behind them a little known company called Microsoft.

So i dont think Google is going anywhere

Yes Microsoft is somehow an investor of Google if you don't read PR articles you are way beyond... You should read and analyze yes this is a behind the scene or you can name it also under the table business Micrsoft nor Google will come to public and say we are engaged or married and we might have a child soon ;)

If you know what is AdChoices you'll know how this is running and what world you are in

Also Google has a major investor behind them a little known company called Microsoft.

So i dont think Google is going anywhere

Wow, is that for real? When it comes to search engine business, I think Microsoft is the biggest competitor of Google. I can't imagine Google's owners allowing Microsoft to buy Google shares.

Microsoft is a major investor in Google.
How so.

I heard this from a MS PR guy at a trade fair a couple of years back. MS invested if i remember he said $300mil in google.

i know that MS invested $150 mil in Apple in 1997

personally i think this is done for tax reasons

Wow, is that for real? When it comes to search engine business, I think Microsoft is the biggest competitor of Google. I can't imagine Google's owners allowing Microsoft to buy Google shares.

I would think a companies like MS would be using agents to buy shares they want

Yahoo would be the ultimate at the end because even now you get a maximum number of genuine traffic from yahoo..!!

If google no longer existed, another one would become the leader, so we would change how we work to work with them.

Yahoo and Bing are working together, and have been for a few years. Yahoo UK is already nearly full merged with the Bing Adcenter and is displaying search results from Bing and not their own index.

This was a big issue a few years ago when Yahoo tried to go up against Google and didnt' stand a chance. Then they teamed up with Bing to provide the search results (just as Google had done in the past for Yahoo) and well here we are today.

Yahoo will continue to do well on the display ads but the search engine end of things is being run by Bing.

Google is not too big to fail, and while I'd use the phrase "nobody is too big to fail" we all know the reality of that one when the US government stepped in to save banks and car makers. But I digress.....

There is always an alternative ready for everything. SEO experts will have to tweak the seo techniques if Google quits from search engines. ;) This would never happen. :)

Yahoo and Bing are working together, and have been for a few years. Yahoo UK is already nearly full merged with the Bing Adcenter and is displaying search results from Bing and not their own index.

This was a big issue a few years ago when Yahoo tried to go up against Google and didnt' stand a chance. Then they teamed up with Bing to provide the search results (just as Google had done in the past for Yahoo) and well here we are today.

Yahoo will continue to do well on the display ads but the search engine end of things is being run by Bing.

Google is not too big to fail, and while I'd use the phrase "nobody is too big to fail" we all know the reality of that one when the US government stepped in to save banks and car makers. But I digress.....

True, but I'm still waiting for some evidence that Microsoft is a major investor in Google.

Yeah I'm not aware of any major investment either. I know Microsoft has been shelling money into various companies over the past few years, everything from Barns & Nobles NOOK, Apple Stock and Facebook, and outright purchases such as Skype and AOL but I've not seen any openly public notices about Microsoft buying Google shared, or the opposite.

He might be confusing Google with Facebook. I believe Microsoft has invested in the social networking site a while back.

He might be confusing Google with Facebook. I believe Microsoft has invested in the social networking site a while back.

No i was told by a MS rep at a trade fair a couple years ago that MS invested in google, which did confuse me as other said they are competitors and currently MS are pushing their own SE (bing).

if you think back it was a couple of years ago MS started to reorganise their MSN brand, so maybe they invested in google thinking they could get a foot in the door and try and take them over

If for any reasons Google closed its search engine service, where would you expect most traffic to your website from? Yahoo and Bing are too far behind Google now, so they are not really a good alternatives?

I will receive traffic from Yahoo and Bing cause Yahoo will become number one and Bing number 2.
And there will go people that use Google.

No i was told by a MS rep at a trade fair a couple years ago that MS invested in google, which did confuse me as other said they are competitors and currently MS are pushing their own SE (bing).

Yeah, that is a bit confusing. I personally prefer Google owned and run by the existing ones. If Miscrosoft owned Google, they would make Google's users pay for every service Google is providing for free now.