Google Panda Update & SEO

aagthosting

I have been reading lately about the Google Panda update. There are a lot of opinions about how this update effected SEO. I have also noticed that pages with more keyword weight have been doing better lately in some cases. A lot of people say there may have been some effects on backlinking.

Does anyone know anything about the panda update? If you do please reply to this post and let me know what you have learned.

In essence, Google is now looking at search queries through the users eyes. What they want to see is relevant landing pages based on a user's search query.

I was talking to a client (personal one of mine) about how their e-commerce website was killed by this update. They went from high 1x,xxx to low x,xxx. It was a nasty update for a lot of people.

I was talking to a client (personal one of mine) about how their e-commerce website was killed by this update. They went from high 1x,xxx to low x,xxx. It was a nasty update for a lot of people.
There's no doubt that it adversely affected thousands of sites. Just the thought of losing that much money is scary.

People have told me some of these same things. Is this to say that now on page SEO now has more relevance to the search engine listings like it used to?

I have a site that was starting to get into the top 10 for some of their non geographical keywords. They had a lot of geogaphic keywords in the top 10.

Suddenly some of their pages that had more keyword density for particular keywords are now climbing to the top of the rankings.

Last edited:
big affect

Ya, it really took a toll on alot of sites. It really was to kill off feed farms of dup content, i have figured out some new things that google loves that helps improve serps back faster. They added a few new things into the mix. Google is like the ocean , changes rapidly.

Ya, it really took a toll on alot of sites. It really was to kill off feed farms of dup content, i have figured out some new things that google loves that helps improve serps back faster. They added a few new things into the mix. Google is like the ocean , changes rapidly.

So what have you figured out that Google loves that helps improve SERPS back faster? Would peer to peer recommendations be one of those? :)

The recent Google Panda update is still complex to figure out and analyze. A lot of websites have experienced boost in their web ranks while many others suffered heavy losses and as mentioned, even some vendors have completely got disappointed with their sales trends over the net but many established portals have remained untouched.

It seems that Google has been kind of rewarding the sites which have been maintained in a user-friendly way for a long time. Information-rich sites which have been powered by good links have almost retained their positions and their admins are not complaining about any major drops in net placements or traffic shares changes. Newer sites which gained thousands of links fast somehow lost the game.

Google is moving more and more towards figuring out how sites need to gain trust through a well-balanced on/off page optimization. Time factor is still important, even regarding the Panda update because great sites are rewarded ranks in the course of time and they do not need to acquire tons of links very fast or getting updated with copied materials from other blogs and sites.

I have a site that sells Mistletoe. Last year the same site with the same content was on page 2 or 3 in Google, Bing and Yahoo. After the Panda update the site is now in the top 5 in all three. The keywords have a huge density on the page. Does anyone know if Google changed percentages of keyword density for a top position? Several sites are getting better listings with more keyword density. As I mentioned earlier it seems they did.

google Panda is killing all. One of my sites is affected badly by this Panda while one has gained good value with Panda

i am stil unable to figure out what Google really wants

The Panda update (and the Panda 2 update) generally help most websites. They will negatively affect sites that have spent countless money and effort in gaining links from places that are unrelated, article warehouses, link farms and spammy blog/forum postings.

We have a client that was actually doing anywhere between 7,000 and 8,000 articles per month and them spinning those out to article places. The articles didn't necessrily relate to his site at all, but they would just insert a link as a keyword and point back to their site. (example - the site is about leaf blowers, and the articles were about automotive parts).

Google frowns highly on these, and as a result, penalizes those people for doing exactly what the Google TOS says not to do!

How to improve your rank in Google? Honesty.
Don't purchase 10,000 links from some random place.
Write content on your page. Pay no mind to keyword density or tailored content around a specific keyword. If you write, you will naturally get a keyword density of 3-5%, so don't try to trick the system.
Blog posts work. Relevant Blogs are better.
Blog comments (on your site) help with fresh content. VALID blog posts are better.

Natural links and popularity are the way to go. If you purchase "10,000 links" and overnight google think's you're popular for no reason, you can find your site falling down the ranks.

With regards to the mistletoe - your rank likely improved not so much because Google is giving you more credit for the same stuff that was on there, but likely because google removed the spammers that were ahead of you.

Years ago )1996), Bill Gates issued the phrase "Content is King" - this is very much true today. Google pays attention to the content on your site and ranks things accordingly.

I've been doing SEO since the start of my web career back in 1994. It wasn't called SEO back then, it was called "good practice in getting found" :) Those same methods from the mid 90's are the exact same methods that Google says they want you to do. If you try to trick the system, they'll catch you. There's more than 300 experts with PhD's at Google working on the search engine stuff. If you think you can outsmart them with a few tricks, you're sadly mistaken.

What Google wants? Valid content. Accurate information. Verify that you're an authority on the information by getting links from other places related to your field (not purchasing or spamming links - those won't count).

If you play by the rules, follow their guidelines, and are writing honest content in your website, you'll have no problem braking into the top 10 links in Google.

google Panda is killing all. One of my sites is affected badly by this Panda while one has gained good value with Panda
So, not killing "all" at all then !

i am stil unable to figure out what Google really wants
Try creating sites for users rather than search-engines, afterall it's the visitors that want access to the content, visitors that are looking for information, visitors that buy products ...

So, not killing "all" at all then !

Try creating sites for users rather than search-engines, afterall it's the visitors that want access to the content, visitors that are looking for information, visitors that buy products ...

Yes, I do write for users but then also, still unable to figure..