Google Rank

Are we still talking about search engines? :D

Were we talking about another Google PR that I am not aware of? :)

Here is my logic: the higher the PR the higher you rank in search engine results. If you already rank well for the keyword that you want, why care about the PR?

There are plenty of sites that rank well in SERPS that have 0 PageRank. Of course it helps to have a gazillion relevant backlinks. :D

I see a lot of people talking about the PR update because most people still put this for the primary consideration when request for link exchange etc. Many webmasters are actually dedicated to increase their PRs.

Oh boy I did! I have been killing out the SEO work for months!

I am listed 1st for several keywords in google, that was fine.
But dam, I just checked my PR, it has gone from 2 - 4, and some of my rivals can't touch me ;) In PR anyway!

I am actually rather happy about that, haha!

Oh boy I did! I have been killing out the SEO work for months!

I am listed 1st for several keywords in google, that was fine.
But dam, I just checked my PR, it has gone from 2 - 4, and some of my rivals can't touch me ;) In PR anyway!

I am actually rather happy about that, haha!

Good news, I think a quality website should always be rewarded a good PR

Wow I went from 0 to a 3 Not that that means anything. If you have a signature on any of the forums you are bound to move up with all the back links from there.

Good news, I think a quality website should always be rewarded a good PR

:) Of course!

It has made me proud haha!

Wow I went from 0 to a 3 Not that that means anything. If you have a signature on any of the forums you are bound to move up with all the back links from there.

Thats good, it means something and adds good value to your business!

You will find most forums disable it 'no follow' so it won't be valid, get the SEO addon for your browser and check ;)

But it takes more than that also, good advertising, backlinks, keywords, site changes and other things.

I am now in page 1 first place for several keywords for google.co.uk, it just shows that if you work hard it pays off :)
3 Is good, maybe you can get to 5 soon !

The last Google PR update tipped many website owners by increasing the value of their pages. However I do not think many got better rank in SERP. Some websites are probably overestimated now and their owners might see PR drop next time. Sorry for saying that, but i hope this will encourage you to work hard to keep the good rates :)

It would seem very cool having a website which is found at the top of Google for the targeted terms and still enjoying high PR values compared with the competitors but I do not seriously consider to touch my websites PR scores any longer, since higher PR is no guarantee for top positions.

When you discover that PageRank is one factor, from among tens of elements, counted and examined by Google to give websites ranks, you will then have logical reasons to focus on the rest of those items like adding valuable contents to your site and getting links, even from zero PR pages but the ones that would ultimately help your site getting better ranks.

I belive that if your pr value goes higher then you must be doing something right as i believe page rank is based on all those factors and was supposed to determine where you show up in searches by google.

I have got page rank but not get many benfits for my busniess. I am alse agree very low importance of page rank in front of search engine ranking

Congrats Paul - ranking well does come with benefits, like more money in your banking account at the end of the day. :D