Got any old photo gear?

gooooogle

Anyone here got any old photo gear which might be of interest. If so please post some pictures of it. Remember. It may be worthless to you but I would love to hear about it.

Hey gooooogle :)
Sorry I don't have anything here but I know you can get a lot on eBay at a great price.
You should give that a go and see what you can find.

Today I went to a flee market to see if I could find some old camera gear. Sadly it started yesterday and the man said that most the gear had already been sold but he had two left. An Instamatic 33 and an Instamatic 224, both produced in England by Kodak. All the parts seem to be in working order and I got them both for only 1.5 pounds. The reason no one had bought them before me is that they both use an old photo system called 126. Kodak stoped the production of this photo system back in 1999 and so you can't buy this kind of film in the stores anymore. I did find a web site for a company which specializes in old film and they are still producing it. I might buy one just to try the results. I think it's sad that Kodak did not continue the development of this film though. It is extremely easy to use. Open the back of the camera, put in a small black box, close the back and start taking pictures. No messing with the film like you do with the current 35mm. I think this film had real potential. I just hope they can be developed in a regular darkroom.

Links to info about the cameras:
Kodak Instamatic 33 http://user.itl.net/~kypfer/126/i33.htm
Kodak Instamatic 224 http://user.itl.net/~kypfer/126/i224.htm

I've decided to start collecting Instamatic camera's as I think they are really neat little devices. I'll have to try and get some from ebay once I managed to transfer some money to my account.

P.S. DONATIONS ARE WELCOME ;) If you find an old camera you don't want anymore, don't throw it out. Charge me for shipping via paypal and send it to me.

From memory, the film's normal colour negative processing. Dad used to have one of these 126 format cameras when we were young, although most of his photos were on slides.

The pictures are quite good, the frame is not much smaller than 35mm, so should be of good quality.

The 110 format seemed to be more popular, probably as the cameras were smaller, the frame was much smaller though.

Enjoy your find, hope your search for film goes well.