.H.O.S.T. - Meaning of

XienHost

Hey HD Members,

This post will not be as long or in depth as I would like it to be, as I can only place so many words before it cutting me off.

So the word .H.O.S.T. what does it mean, how should we look at it and make it work for us.

.H. - Honesty
So when running a web hosting business you need to be honest with two people. First one being your client.

The reason I use the client first is because without them your business would go no where. When gaining your first client/s its very important to be honest with them, What they are going to pay, Web space, bandwidth, features, etc.

The second person is you, and the reason I use you or I in this is because we need to be honest with ourselves and ask can we approach this client/s and give them what they are needing.

.O. - Overnight
Many Hosting companies will start out well they have a good plan in mind, they get a whack of clients and then when the first major issue happens within there server they freakout and leave there clients hanging wondering if they have made the right choice.

Some of the hosting companies out there are what the hosting world would call Overnight Host, they some how manage to gain clientele so quickly and then once they get a good amount of money they run and you the client are sitting there with your thumb in your A$$ saying what just happen.

.S. - Support
Support is something I am very picky with. You have these high end business which I will not mention who they are. They Started off very well in the hosting market and did so well they are one of the most well know in the industry.

Now they offered True Support with there own staff, and were doing everything on there own until one day they choose to fire all there staff and hire a company in India as an outsourced support solution.
THIS WAS ALL WRONG OF THEM.

If you are going to run a hosting business you need to cover all areas of that company and not get yourself so large where you can not manage the solutions on your own. If all you wanted to do was make money then you did a great job but now your customer are suffering from it because they can not get the Support they need because the person representing your business can not speak proper English. So in a nutshell I am saying if your going to start this business stick with it and hire the staff you need to provide the support your clients need and more so deserve.

.T. - Technology
Technology is always changing they are coming out with this and that, on and now you can get this for only $XXXX.XX amount.

I understand technology changes and we as hosting business need to be on top of our game but the question I would ask you all is Why Change something if its already working for you just fine. Wait for the client to want it, wait for the server or technology to break first. There is no reason to rush out and by the latest and greatest because you will get your self into major debt and then you will not be able to manage your clients products right because you were dumb enough to buy these brand new servers/technology and are not hurting for money because of it.

All I am trying to say is simply this, if your going to start a web hosting business think long and hard before making any choice and make sure its going to benefit the company and clients not just yourself.

Thank you,
Mike C,:smash:

No I would rather you not use my writings on your website as these were written to help the hosting community not make your business better.

So Please do not use any of this on your site.

MeteorPages,

If you were a little more informative with why you needed or wanted it. I may have been more open to you using it.

But you have given me no info about which website it will be on, or who you are, which company you run.

So forth