Hampshire Hosting ... still the best after a year

pmhoran

Name and URL of hosting company: Hampshire Hosting (www.HampshireHosting.com OR www.HampshireHosting.ca)

Hosted URL(s): www.905host.net (most active site is www.Merlinean.com)

Do you want your URL posted on HD? (applies to resellers only) N/A
Description of service(s) used: Custom Reseller Plan

How long have you been using the service(s): 1 year
Detailed review: I have been with Hampshire Hosting for just over a year now.

I have to admit that I STILL feel this company is the absolute BEST web host I have had in the past decade of having websites. I wrote a review previous ... when I'd been with them for about 6 months. But I felt another was in order.

Not once in this past year have I been disappointed by Hampshire Hosting. They continue to go "above & beyond" my expectations. Yes ... there has been a couple "bumps" along the way ... but I am not & did not blame my host for them.

The first bump was when I was moving all the sites over from my old host ... but Hampshire Hosting was right there helping me to correct & smooth out that bump. They would never say it ... but I am sure that bump happened because of something I did unintentionally.

Then a second bump happened in (I think) December. If memory serves me right ... some not nice person with too much time on their hands decided to "attack" the server all my sites were on. The sites were offline for just a couple or so days but Hampshire Hosting resolved it (in my mind) very quickly (considering what was involved) ... kept in touch letting me know what was going on & giving updates.

Although I didn't feel it was necessary ... Hampshire Hosting then insisted I accept an extremely generous compensation package (for the inconvenience of having the sites down for that short time).

Anyway ... I would recommend Hampshire Hosting to anyone & everyone. At least to those of you looking for a smaller web host who treats you as a person instead of an account. And I am extremely happy with the pricing for my web space. Not the cheapest advertised web host ... but certainly not the most expensive. I find the pricing cheaper than maybe it should be for the level of service I've received from them.

And their Support has been pretty quick whenever I have felt I needed them. Every time I have contacted them ... they've been consistently courteous, patient with me and very anxious to fix anything I think is out of whack or perceive it to be. Which doesn't happen too danged often. At least I contact them a whole lot less than I have had to with other web hosts I've had.

Pros: Good pricing. Courteous, patient & very helpful responses from Support. A smaller company thats still able to give "personal attention" to everything. A web host that is very honest & has more integrity than any other host I've experienced.

Cons: Can not think of any Con's right now.

Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes ... and have :)

Take care
Peter

pmhoran said:
Although I didn't feel it was necessary ... Hampshire Hosting then insisted I accept an extremely generous compensation package (for the inconvenience of having the sites down for that short time).
Now how many times does that happen in the industry I don't know... what a rare quality.

Peter, thank you for updating us a year later with your experience. It sure seems you've been enjoying your hosting provider.

Well done, Michael. No wonder we keep people like you as industry advisors!